View all photos
- Location Description
In the early 1900s many English aristocrats built houses in Menton because of it's favourable climate. Many of these houses and their gardens are open to the public today. Monaco is 10 miles along the coastline with its famous Casino and Royal Palace. Monaco's harbour is home to some of the most impressive yachts in the world, and there are many shady umbrellas under which to sit and enjoy a coffee while watching the world go by in this glamorous setting. Villa Mediterranee is a completely restored, turn of the century villa situated in Menton, close to the border with Italy.Walking downhill, you can reach the sandy beach and port in 10 minutes, or the old town in 15 minutes, both with a selection of restaurants and cafes – but remember, the walk back home is uphill! The Italian border is within half a mile of the villa, so you may prefer a stroll into Italy.
Nice: 32 km/20 mi
Monaco: 16 km/10 mi
Italian border: 1 km/0.62 mi
Center of Menton, Beach, and Port: 3-minute walk
- Exterior Description
Villa Mediterranee is surrounded by exotic flora and fauna, giving this charming villa a very Mediterranean feel. There is a small, terraced garden with exotic plants, a plunge pool (4.5m x 2.25m, 1.3m deep), and a barbecue. There are wonderful sea and port views.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a large entrance hall with an original marble staircase. The living room features an original marble column, an open fireplace, and French doors opening to a dining terrace. There is a dining room and an open plan kitchen. There is also a guest WC.
First Floor: There are four bedrooms, each with ceiling fans. The first bedroom has a king-size bed (200 cm wide) and offers views over the sea, port, and old town of Menton. There is a dressing room, ensuite bathroom with tub, and separate shower room with WC. The second bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), doors opening onto the terrace, and an ensuite bathroom with shower and WC. The third bedroom has a small double bed (140 cm, comfortable for one person, cozy for two), doors opening onto the terrace, and an ensuite bathroom with tub and WC. The fourth bedroom has a large single bed (120 cm), a single sofa bed, and a separate shower room with WC.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Pre-Stocked Villa: Upon request
- Babysitter: Upon request
- Telephone: According to consumption
- Winter Heating: According to consumption
- The housekeeper lives in an independent apartment on the estate. Privacy is maintained at all times.
- Not suitable for children under 5 years.
- On request, a single bed for a child can be placed in one of the double bedrooms.
- Housekeeping is provided for 6 hours per week. (Terraces are swept each morning; Ben Linens are changed once per week.) Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- A security deposit authorization form will be included with your rental voucher. Please submit this to the property manager prior to your arrival. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
The house is clean and well kept and offers superb views of the surrounding Mediterranean area. It is situated on an elevated piece of property with steep access. It is also situated on a narrow road where it is sometimes not possible to park right in front of the property.
The views are breathtaking and the house easily accomodates 6 or even 8 people.
The property offers little room for outdoor entertaining and the pool is very small and shallow.
The nearby city of Menton and the 10 minute walk down the stairs to access the Menton-Garavan train station. The train service gives you easy access to several interesting medieval towns of great interest.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Menton-Garavan is a 10 min walk down some 200 stone steps.
No GPS, yet easy directions.
Check In Out:
Excellent, as the caretaker was a most helpful lady.
The view is magnificent.
Very hot during the time we were there. Also, feel they need to do some refurbishing. Wood floor in kitchen-dining area needs to be refinished. The caretaker lives on the bottom floor, and stopped by several times to see if we needed anything. Editor's Note: There are ceiling fans to cool the house. The wood parquet floor has been redone, and the house was newly redecorated in 2009. The resident housekeeper has a separate apartment and respects guests privacy at all times. March 2010.
Menton is charming and then there is the beautiful Monaco nearby, and of course, Italy is a half mile away.