View all photos
- About The Experience
Immerse yourself in the city of Renaissance art, as you stand on the top floor terrace of your Florence accommodation, gazing out over the Duomo, Arno and much more. This magnificent city is at your feet and all you have to do is enjoy it. Join the myriad of visitors who come each year to visit Michelangelo's David, shop along the Ponte Vechio or taste in the best gelato in the world. If you choose, relax on your panoramic 360-degree view terrace with a bottle of Chianti from a local vineyard; a perfect way to end your day while planning the week ahead in your charming accommodation in Florence.
- Location Description
Located in the historical heart of the city, this beautiful apartment rental in Florence, Italy, is less than a 5-minute walk from the Piazza del Duomo, the very heart of the city. On the same street as the apartment is the wonderful theater, Teatro della Pergola and the Museo Firenze Com'era (the museum of Florence “as it was”).
Florence Airport: 4 km (approx. 15 minutes by taxi)
Train Station Santa Maria Novella: 3 km
Duomo, Piazza Signoria, Uffizi Gallery, Santa Croce: within walking distance.
- Exterior Description
This beautiful apartment in Florence is situated in a historic building in the center of Florence. It has been newly redecorated, offering a very well-appointed living space for five people. It features a terrace with magnificent 360-degree views over Florence and the Duomo.
- Interior Description
(130 m2/1399 ft2)
4th floor (no elevator; 95 steps): This beautiful Florence vacation rental has been recently redecorated with new furniture in light and bright fabrics.
First Level: The first level is made up of an entrance hall; a master bedroom with a queen-size bed with a walk-in closet, and a beautifully tiled ensuite bathroom with bathtub, double sink and WC. This bathroom has a small laundry area. The second bedroom has twin-beds and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and WC.
Second level: (10 steps) This level has a living room with a decorative fireplace, and a bright well-equipped kitchen with a dining area with a lovely view of the Duomo. On the same level is the third bedroom situated as a loft, located above the second bedroom downstairs but completely independent with a pull out sofa bed and bathroom with shower. From the kitchen, a flight of 13 very narrow spiral stairs leads to the panoramic terrace with a 360 degree view of Florence and the surrounding hills. The terrace is equipped with a dining table, a gazebo, and is lighted for outdoor dining. The terrace is decorated with plants on an automatic watering system.
- Features Description
- Property is not recommended for people with difficulty climbing stairs or who have difficulty walking a narrow passage.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 600 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 80 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Utilities (for stays up to 30 days) - 245 EUR included; additional usage charged according to consumption
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 5 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Mostly good. It was close to everything and for the most part the villa was nice.
The area we stayed in was perfect. Walking distance to just about everything.
Everything. Again very close to all sight seeing attractions, restaurants, etc.
Tips or Restaurants:
Il Giostra restaurant and Gabbi 13 both excellent places to eat and a short walk away. As far as bringing things, whatever you might need is close by. For the most part the villa was well equipped.
We had a driver and we received directions for the place but it was a bit confusing. But it was our fault as we did not understand the message. Luckily our driver was very helpful and everything worked out well.
Show All 5 Reviews
The property is perfectly located about 4 blocks from all major starting points: Duomo, Santa Croce and Piazza Vecchio. The rooftop terrace is truly spectacular and makes coming home that much more enjoyable. The only drawback is climbing up and down the stairs, but absolutely worth the trouble.
View from the rooftop terrace and central location.
Climbing the 6 flights of stairs. Nearby Hospital provides for siren noises, but not too bad.
Quiet neighborhood compared to the downtown bustle.
Nearby Events or Locales:
It was 5 blocks to catch the 7 bus to Fiesole. The best time we had in our two weeks was the lunch we had at La Reggia on the top of Fiesole. Excellent Food, Excellent Wine, and a View to Die for of all Florence. Don't miss this one!
Tips or Restaurants:
The cappuccino in the morning we had on our last day at the closest bar "La Pergola" was excellent, you would never think of it, but it really was. If you want a truly Italian experience for dinner, walk down towards Santa Croce and find Ce Ce and sit at the communal table. Great food. For this property you don't need to rent any transportation, we walked the entire city and even walked to the train station. Everything is within walking distance. there is a dryer, but European washers and dryers are a far cry from American ones, so don't plan on relying too heavily on the washing machines. There is a laundry at the corner that is reasonable and convenient. You are also 2 blocks from an Internet cafe.
Show All 5 Reviews
We had a thoroughly good time and will definitely use your service again and will recommend it to others.
We loved having three bathrooms and bedrooms. The roof terrace was wonderful. The location was good, we could walk everywhere.
The 77 steps! It was a real pain with our luggage. Otherwise, it was good exercise after all the pasta. The boiler was not working when we got there so the apartment was very cold. When we finally got it working it took 24 hours to warm up. Then it got way too warm. It would help greatly if there were directions written in English on how to use the thermostat.
Tips or Restaurants:
We loved Lo Scudo, only about three blocks away and right next to the Duomo, must have eaten there 5 times.
Take a taxi
Show All 5 Reviews