View all photos
- About The Experience
Sample Old-World flavor in the Chianti, including an historic 9th century castle—once home to Machiavelli—and its surrounding hamlet. Choose an apartment in one of the village farmhouses, parsonage, or in the castle itself. Spend your time strolling about the hamlet and taking in the magnificent views, or take day trips throughout Tuscany, including Lucca, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
- Location Description
The former home of one of Renaissance Italy's leading figures, this castle and its surrounding hamlet enjoy a hilltop location in the heart of the Chianti. The nearest towns are Montefiridolfi and Bargino. The nearest food market is about 2 km away. Additional shops, banks and a post office can be found in San Casciano.
Nearby Attractions: Be sure to experience the wines produced by the estate in their weekly wine tastings. Further afield, there are many other opportunities for wine tasting: La Sala Winery (San Casciano), Il Solatione Winery (Mercatale Val di Pesa), Cennatoio Winery and Villa Cafaggio Winery (Panzano). In Florence, explore Bargello and the Opera del Duomo which house two of the greatest collections of sculptures in the world. Along with the top museums like Uffizi, Galleria dell'Accademia, and Museo di Palazzo Vecchio, be sure to visit the Archeological Museum, the Museum of the History of Science and the Museo Stibbert, which has a famous collection of armor.
Pisa: 100 km/62 mi
Siena: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 21 km/13 mi
San Casciano: 6 km/3.5 mi
Montefiridolfi: 4 km/2.5 mi
Bargino: 2 km/ 1mi
- Exterior Description
(Entire estate 6,000 m2/64,583 ft2)
The castle dates back to the 9th century, while the hamlet is from the medieval period. The estate, which includes separate, independent apartments located in either the village farmhouses, parsonage, or the castle itself has amazing views of the Chianti hills. The castle is surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. For information or assistance throughout the rental period, there is a reception office open every day. There is a shared swimming pool, open May to September, and a shared garden equipped with tables and chairs. There is a large parking area at the entrance of the hamlet. The road leading to the castle is paved.
- Interior Description
(47 m2/506 ft2)
First Floor: Located in one of the village farmhouses, this charming apartment presents views of the Pesa Valley from each of its four windows. A spacious, bright living room is the focal point of the residence, with gorgeous open-beam ceilings, a comfortable Empire style couch/daybed (sleeps one), and antique furnishings. A kitchenette with an Italian coffee machine and dining area (table seats 4) are also incorporated in the living room, providing the perfect atmosphere for dining with a view. The bathroom includes a tub with a shower head, while the bedroom is equipped with a queen-sized bed.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Breakfast Service: 10 Euros per person
- Maid Service: 25 Euros per visit
- Extra Linen Change: 15 Euros per person
- Wine & Olive Oil Tasting: Upon request
- WiFi is available outdoors, but not in the units.
- There is a fan in each bedroom.
- During the summer there are often weddings and receptions held at the castle on the weekends.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- TV - English Channels Available
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Tourist Tax (Daily - Per Person): 1.5 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: