Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Stay in this Lake Como rental apartment overlooking the lakeshore town of Varenna, populated with romantic panoramas and beautiful old houses. Plentiful olive and cypress trees are evidence of the mild climate in the area around this apartment on Como Lake. Built on a rocky promontory over the lake, Varenna has been the heart of the area for centuries, an ideal place to explore or relax whenever you decide to leave the privacy of your Lake Como accommodation. A romantic walkway, abounding in flora, wends along the lakefront in town, linking it to Olivedo, a landing point for steamers and ferries.
- Location Description
At the entrance of the Tenuta del Lago di Como estate, Antonella 2 is located on a beautiful property with a view of the lake, just 4 km from the lakeshore town of Varenna. The town is an ideal starting point for a visit to the north/center of Italy, as well as the southern base of the Swiss Alps. Milano Linate and Milano Malpensa airports are each less than two hours away. Nearby places to visit include the castle of Vezio (5 minutes' walk from the house) and the Villa Monastero, a neo-classical garden offering a long walk along the lakeshore. The resort towns of Lake Como, including Bellagio, Menaggio, and Tramezzo, are all easily accessible by ferry. Other lake Como attractions include ancient monuments, churches, and shopping areas.
Nearby Attractions: Hiking, golf club at Menaggio (4 km + 4 km by ferry), clay tennis court (500 m from the house; maintained by the local tennis club), neighboring lakes (Maggiore, Orta, Garda, Lugano).
Milano Malpensa (Airport): 94 km/58 mi + 4 km/2 mi By Ferry
Milano Linate (Airport): 90 km/56 mi
Como: 40 km/25 mi + 4 km/2 mi By Ferry
Airport of Lugano-Agno: 35 km/22 mi + 5 km/3 mi By Ferry
Varenna: 4 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(100 m2) Casa Antonella 2 is an apartment within a villa standing amidst a wealth of greenery, looking out over red-tiled roofs to a magnificent lakeshore view. A garden fronts the property, while the back of the house is at the end of a local road that stops five meters from the door. Old olive and cypress trees dot the property. Casa Antonella 2 can also be connected to the larger Casa Antonella 1 to become Casa Antonella 3 if the entire house is rented; however, please note that Casa Antonella 2 does not have garden access on its own. It has a separate entrance and a private terrace with tables and chairs. Parking is available via twenty steps up from the house.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The terrace of this residence is reached up 16 steps. It opens into a cozy living room, furnished with a sofa and an armchair. An eat-in kitchen is fully equipped with a refrigerator, an oven, stove, dishwasher, and washing machine. There is a master bedroom with queen-sized bed and a separate bathroom with bathtub, separate shower, sink, and WC.
First Floor: There is a double bedroom, which has two single beds that can be combined to form a queen-sized bed upon request.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Mobile Phone: Upon request
- Tennis Court: 15 Euros per hour in the daytime; 20 Euros per hour in the evening
- Portable Baby Crib: 100 Euros per week
- The parking area is located 20 steps above the house.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Tennis Court - Shared
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Washing Machine
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 40 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 100 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We enjoyed it.
The view was exceptional.
The upstairs bedroom and the access through the bathroom.
The pool area, the view, and the nearby villages.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Varenna was a 20 minute slow walk downhill and even slower back.
Tips or Restaurants:
Be prepared for the second bedroom.
Long winding road to reach destination.
We would recommend this to a party of 3 or 4. It's cozy and quiet for the most part. Love the church bells !
We loved the charm of the countryside and the outstanding views from the apartment.
The only drawback was that it was situated so that vehicles going up to the castle could go no further than Casa Antonella 2 and needed to park right beneath the apartment area, therefore causing excessive noise.
The falcons surrounding the castle area, the talented jewelry designer on the way to the castle, the friendliness of the locals even though we could not always communicate! We loved Stella, the woman who cleaned and was helpful to us, and her charming little daughter, Sara. They made us feel so very welcome!
Nearby Events or Locales:
Varenna was the nearest small town and yes, it was within walking-hiking distance. Quite a hike down and back up to the apartment, but totally unforgettable! The views are incredible and worth the walk. Believe me, after that walk down to Varenna and back you will sleep like a baby!
Tips or Restaurants:
A wonderful restaurant or two in Varenna and lots of pizza to choose from. Grocery store and fruit stand open daily. We cooked our own meals a few times. We needed a dry cleaner which they have as well. There are no dryers available so be ready to hang things outside on deck!
The directions were just fine. We let the taxi driver follow the directions which were sent to us. He called ahead to make certain someone would be there to let us in.
Check In Out:
The woman who actually manages the Villa checked us in and was super helpful and left numbers where she might be reached if we needed her for anything. Another woman, who stays at the 'main house' came by on our 1st day and helped us get settled as well. She also left a number in Milan where she could be reached if we had questions.