Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Stay in this Lake Como villa rental overlooking the water and the nearby town of Varenna, populated with beautiful old houses and romantic panoramas. Plentiful olive and cypress trees are evidence of the mild climate in the area around this Lake Como vacation villa. Built on a rocky promontory over Lake Como, Varenna has been the heart of the area for centuries, an ideal place to explore or relax whenever you decide to leave the comfort and privacy of your villa rental on Lake Como, Italy. A romantic walkway, abounding in flora, wends along the lakefront in town, linking it to Olivedo, a landing point for ferries and steamers.
- Location Description
Located on a beautiful property with a view of the lake, Antonella 3 is at the entrance of the Tenuta del Lago di Como estate, just 4 km from the lakeshore town of Varenna. The town is an ideal starting point for a visit to the north/center of Italy, as well as the southern base of the Swiss Alps. Milano Linate airport is only an hour away, while Milano Malpensa airport is less than two hours. Nearby places to visit include the castle of Vezio (5 minutes' walk from the house) and the Villa Monastero, a neo-classical garden offering a long walk along the lakeshore. The resort towns of Lake Como, including Bellagio, Menaggio, and Tramezzo, are all easily accessible by ferry. Other lake Como attractions include ancient monuments, churches, and shopping areas.
Nearby Attractions: Hiking, golf club at Menaggio (4 km + 4 km by ferry), clay tennis court (500 m from the house, maintained by the local tennis club), neighboring lakes (Maggiore, Orta, Garda, Lugano).
Milano Malpensa (Airport): 94 km/58 mi + 4 km/2 km By Ferry
Milano Linate (Airport): 90 km/56 mi
Como: 40 km/25 mi + 4 km/2 mi By Ferry
Airport of Lugano-Agno: 35 km/22 mi + 5 km/3 mi By Ferry
Varenna: 4 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(450 m2) Casa Antonella 3 stands amidst a wealth of greenery, looking out over red-tiled roofs to a magnificent lakeshore view. A garden fronts the property, while the back of the villa rental is at the end of a local road that stops five meters from the door. A beautiful private garden is just outside the door, including a patio with tables and chairs, and shaded by a trellis of wisteria. Old olive and cypress trees dot the property. At one end of the Lake Como property rental is an attached residence with its own kitchen and terrace; while this part is accessible from within the house, it also has a separate outside entrance. Parking is available 60 meters from the house. There are 20 steps from the house to the parking area.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: Recently restored and furnished with care, this Italian Lakes villa rental has all the comforts of a large family home with an authentic Italian feel. About 10 steps from the garden lead up to the house. A living room, furnished with a fireplace, two sofas, and a television set, has windows that open onto the garden. A library well stocked with Italian reading material is adjacent. Also on the ground floor, a dining room seating 8 offers a beautiful lake view, plus an attached toilet. A separate kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and washing machine provides the opportunity to cook your own authentic Italian meals.
First Floor: Stairs to the first floor open into a nice loft area, granting access to a terrace/solarium with a view of the lake. There are also four bedrooms on the first floor: three double bedrooms with queen-sized beds and a room with two twin-beds. (Please note: one double bedroom can only be accessed through the twin-bedded room.) There are two independent bathrooms upstairs as well, accessible from a hallway: one with shower, the other with a tub, separate shower, and washing machine. Also accessible through one of the first floor bedrooms are five steps going down to a mezzanine level with another bathroom with tub and shower, a double bedroom (with queen bed), and eat-in kitchen (with oven, stove, dishwasher, and washing machine) on the ground floor. This is a slightly detached residence.
Second Floor: Still higher, there is another twin-bedroom with two beds, each with an additional pull out bed (sleeping a total of four). This room is most appropriate for children. Please note that the pull out beds are not included in the rental price. Each bed costs 150 euros per week.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service:
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Baby Crib: 100 Euros
- Mobile Phone: Upon request
- Tennis Court: 15 Euros per hour in the daytime; 20 Euros per hour in the evening
- There are 20 steps between the parking area and the house.
- The rental price is for a maximum of 12 people. Two pull out beds are available in the bedroom on the top floor for an additional weekly cost of 150 Euros for each bed.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Tennis Court - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 40 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 220 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: