View all photos
- About The Experience
We know of no better place to relax in complete seclusion and utter luxury than this villa on Mykonos. With the largest private pool you've ever laid eyes on and a view to die for, you can pour yourself a cool drink, fill your horizon with nothing but blue, and luxuriate on the specially designed hydro-massage bed. When you're as relaxed as you can be, put on a pair of tennis shoes and go for a walk down to the little private cove near this luxurious Greek villa. Or drive into Ano Mera and relax some more in the unique atmosphere of a Greek village. Feel the need for a little more excitement? The town of Mykonos will satiate your desires for an afternoon-- until you realize that, after all, this Mykonos luxury villa is truly the only place you want to be.
- Location Description
This villa is located on the island of Mykonos in an isolated position about 15 km from Mykonos Town, perfect for those who want to really get away from it all. There are two small cove-like pebble beaches close to the house. One is 200 meters from the driveway, while the other is about a five-minute walk. The nearest town is Mykonos, but about 4 km away you can also find a village called Ano Mera, where there are restaurants and grocery stores. At the center of the village there is a 18th century cloister and the Panaghia Tourliani church. Also in the area of Ano Mera are the Cloister of Aghios Georgios, the Paleokastro Monastery, and the remains of a Byzantine castle. The town of Mykonos, on the western side of the island, is characterized by all-white buildings (mandated by city law) with colorful windows and doors. Wherever you go it is likely that there will be a windmill within sight; if you seek one out, you will probably find that it has been transformed into a museum or a private home. The most photographed structure on the island is the Paraportiani, a cluster of four churches with a fifth actually built on top of one of the others, accessed via a stairway. In the harbor you may run into Petros—a friendly (and enormous) pelican who wanders through Alevkantra and the harbor around Mykonos town, accepting food and affection from children and adults alike. There are also plenty of opportunities for seaside activities such as snorkeling, diving, and windsurfing. You can rent a scooter to explore the island or hire a boat to go to Delos, a small nearby island filled with the crumbling ruins of an ancient religious centre.
Nearby Attractions: Ano Mera (restaurants, grocery stores, 18th century cloister, Panaghia Tourliani church), Cloister of Aghios Georgios, Paleokastro Monastery, Mykonos (windmills, museums, Paraportiani), snorkeling, diving, windsurfing, Delos (ruins).
Mykonos: 15 km/9 mi
Ano Mera: 4 km/2 mi
Beach: 200 m/656 ft
- Exterior Description
This stunning villa was completed in 2005 and has an expansive, panoramic view of the crystal clear Aegean Sea. The villa stands by itself, and leading to the villa is about three or four kilometers of dirt road with a few rough, rutted spots. (For this reason you will need to rent a four-wheel-drive vehicle.) It is remote, particularly suited for travelers who want to feel like they are alone on the island! The villa has a salt-water swimming pool that is one of the largest on the island (24m x 11m), which overlooks the Aegean. At the shallow end, there is a unique two-person platform bed with hydro-massage. At the deep end, there are three hydro-jets for individual massage. A stone and glass wall on one side protects the pool on windy days; adjacent to the wall is an outdoor hot water shower, and around the pool there are lounge chairs. Next to the pool there is a pergola with a large table for 10. There is also a barbecue with a wood burning oven, a large grill and spit system, as well as a bar with an outdoor stereo system, lounge beds, and cushioned sitting benches for up to 16 people. There is a garage for two European-size cars, along with plenty of parking space outside. An elevator in the house reaches all three floors.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor (elevator): In keeping with the local Cycladic architectural style, the villa's main floor has a large living room and dining room with Byzantine style marble floors, while the library has beautiful wood flooring. There are two steps between the living room and the dining room, which has a table for 12. Outside of the dining room is a protected seating area for outside dining. The kitchen is equipped with modern appliances, including a refrigerator, oven, stove-top, microwave, and dishwasher. The cabinets are Italian Cherry wood with Carrara marble counter-tops. There is a powder room with a sculptured marble faucet. The master bedroom is located on this floor, and is furnished with a 175 cm large queen-size bed. It has an ensuite bathroom with a toilet, sink, and shower.
First Floor: Upstairs you'll find two bedrooms. One has a 168 cm large queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower. The other room is for children, with a 92 cm wooden bunk bed. It also has an ensuite bathroom with a shower. Between these two bedrooms there is a sitting room with a marble mantle fireplace. It also has a 160 cm queen-size bed and there is a divider which can be pulled across the open archway for privacy. All rooms have balconies and views of the Aegean Sea.
Lower Ground Floor: Downstairs, on the pool terrace level, there is an independent apartment with a sitting room, a small kitchen, and two bedrooms each with 168 cm queen-size beds. Both bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with a sink, toilet, and shower. Going outside under the pergola, a third bedroom can be accessed. It has a 142 cm standard double bed (comfortable for one person, cozy for two) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. This room is the only room that does not have air conditioning; it does, however, have a fan. This level also has a large play room for kids with a changing room and a shower. There is also a pantry and a laundry room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 500 Euros per week
- All utilities are included in the rental price.
- Though common in Greece, standard double beds are considered small by many Americans.
- A four-wheel-drive vehicle is necessary for this property.
- Air Conditioning is available in all rooms except the single bedroom by the pool.
- The pool is open from May until October. It is a salt water pool.
- Housekeeping is provided twice per week. Linens are changed every 3 days. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time