Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This studio-villa on Santorini is perfect for a pair of lovebirds! This private hideaway has a courtyard with a hammock and small plunge pool, not to mention the complimentary rental car. Situated in the heart of a traditional village, this Greek island villa is within a short stroll of authentic local tavernas. Stay close to this Santorini villa for rent to enjoy the small-town atmosphere, or drive into Fira for shopping and a bustling night life.
- Location Description
This villa is tucked away in the heart of Megalochori, a quiet, traditional village on an eastward-facing slope, just a 200 meter stroll uphill from the main square. This village is the center of the island's wine production industry, so it's a great area to be if you like to go tasting. The main square is host to a couple of tavernas for eating out in local style. It is about 10 km away from Fira, the cliff-side town looking into the heart of the Caldera. One of Greece's most popular islands, Santorini has a fascinating geological history, as it is of volcanic origin. Throughout recorded history, parts of the island have dropped into the sea, while new islands have suddenly appeared off the coast! The island forms a crescent around the "Caldera," or cauldron-- the collapsed center of the volcano. It is an enviable view! Fira is the capital of the island, host to the Archaeological Museum. Its main streets are filled with shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. That's right... Santorini is also famous for its thriving nightlife! Your choices for activities are almost endless... you can relax on red and black sand beaches, take a boat around the islands, hike around the cliffs, go shopping, or even take a ferry to other islands in the area.
- Exterior Description
Newly renovated, this little house is covered in characteristic volcanic stone. Originally a canava, or cave house, the villa was once used to produce the sweet dessert wine, Vinsanto, which is unique to the island. Two cylindrical troughs, once used for distilling wine, have been preserved to make unique lighting fixtures. Outside, the enclosed courtyard has a private plunge pool with four massage jets on one side.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This canava consists of a single open-plan room, serving as the sitting area with an armchair and bedroom with a 160 cm queen-size bed. It also has a small kitchenette with two burners, a small fridge, and a toaster. The spacious bathroom has a padded built-in seat, a sink, toilet, and a large open shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Pre-Stocked Villa: Upon request
- Private Tour Guide: Upon request
- A guide will meet you at the port or airport with your car and show you the way to your villa.
- The villa will have some basic supplies including: Greek yogurt, water, bread, OJ, coffee and tea.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- CD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or by credit card. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Nasia was excellent in looking after us and made sure our stay was most enjoyable
Fantastic to experience the old village and the way the people live
Check In Out:
We really enjoyed this property on Santorini very much!
We loved how quiet and secluded we were with our own private pool.
The bathroom was a little dark, not much light available. Don't get me wrong I "loved" the bathroom, it was very unique but at times a little dark especially for a lady putting her make-up on.
We loved that this property wasn't in the busy town of Fira. It was about 10 minutes, maybe, away. The little town we stayed in, Megalochori, was quiet and peaceful. Within walking distance were several choice restaurants. All just our speed.
Nearby Events or Locales:
We were actually in the heart of a very small town, Megalochori, Santorini. Yes, it was within walking distance. If you wanted to visit the more popular, scenic, incredibly busy Fira it was about a 10 minute drive with parking pretty close. You park but then walk the rest of the way into town.
Tips or Restaurants:
Everything was great! You don't need to reserve a car as they provide one with the rental of the villa. The best restaurant we enjoyed on this island was "RAKI." It was actually owned by the manager of the property. We ended up eating at his restaurant the first and fourth (final) evenings. Very delicious!
We were met at the airport and driven to our rental property. We were given a map which was very helpful to get around the island and find towns, beaches etc. Again, we also had my cell phone GPS if needed.
Check In Out:
No, the manager was very thorough, pleasant, and answered all of our questions. Service was exceptional.