View all photos
- About The Experience
Friends and family alike will appreciate the seamless combination of this contemporary style with rustic Italian beauty. Renting this farmhouse accommodation also means having panoramic views of the countryside and surrounding vineyards, and a variety of options for lovers of nature, architecture, and history. Set aside at least a half day to explore Pienza, the idealized Tuscan city. In the afternoons you can return to this lovely villa to enjoy a book on the terrace or a refreshing dip in the pool, all important points to a farm holiday in Tuscany.
- Location Description
This Tuscan villa is located in the beautiful Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO heritage site characterized by picturesque hill-top villages and rolling countryside. The medieval village of Castelnuovo dell’Abate is nearest to the villa, with a restaurant and a small food shop. Montalcino, the nearest town, is famous for their Brunello red wine and Rocca dating back to the XIV Century. One can find shops, a pharmacy, post office, banks, groceries, wine shops and several restaurants in town. The Abbey of Sant’ Antimo is a ten minute drive from Montalcino. This villa is also within daytrip distance of Pienza, Montepulciano, Monticchiello, Radicofani, Castiglione d’Orcia, and San Quirico d'Orcia. Other important points of interest include the thermal baths of Bagno Vignoni, S.Filippo, and Chianciano Terme. All of this is set in the famous Brunello wine region, where many local wineries offer tasting and delicious specialties of Tuscan cuisine.
Florence (Airport): 130 km/81 mi
Maremma (Beaches): 60 km/37 mi
Siena: 57 km/35 mi
Chianciano Terme: 55 km/34 mi
Montepulciano: 47 km/29 mi
Pienza: 32 km/20 mi
Buonconvento (Train Station): 30 km/19 mi
Montalcino: 10 km/6 mi
Castelnuovo dell’Abate: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
(15 hectares) This recently restored rental villa is part of a wine estate surrounded by olives groves, vineyards and oaks. A wine cellar is situated 500 meters from the villa, with production systems for Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino wines. Walk around the gardens or sip a glass of Brunello by the swimming pool (10m x 6m) with views of the Val d’Orcia and vineyards. The villa features two barbecues and a furnished gazebo for ‘al fresco’ dining. In front of the villa is a private outdoor parking area. Guests will need to drive 800 meters on an unpaved private road leading up to the villa.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: A large open-space living room with a stone fireplace features original Tuscan terracotta tiled floors and oak-beamed ceilings. An arched doorway leads to the second living area. There is a dining area with a table for 10. A large stone archway connects the dining room with the kitchen. The fully equipped kitchen has a gas range, dishwasher, electric oven, toaster, mixer, juicer, Italian coffee maker and American coffee maker. There is a laundry room with a washing machine. A private study has a Satellite TV and stereo. On this floor there is also one 160 queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC, and shower.
First Floor: Going up a flight of Travertine stone stairs, there are three double bedrooms, and three bathrooms. Every room has beautiful views from the windows. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC, shower, and bathtub. The second bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC, and shower. The third bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed with a fireplace and garden access through an external staircase. There is a separate bathroom with a sink, WC and bathtub. The bedrooms have ceiling fans.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 35 Euros per person
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Children under 3 years old are not accepted.
- No more than 3 children are allowed.
- Guests will need to drive 800 meters on an unpaved private road leading up to the villa.
- The property does allow small pets but please note that the grounds are only partially fenced.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- Ipod dock
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
It was very pleasant. Getting there late at night and having a bottle of wine and homemade lasagna, olive oil and bread, was a very welcomed surprise.
It was clean and the kitchen was very cozy. The master bedroom bath was very nice, but the other baths were rather small.
The couple we were with did not like the fact that the sofas had covers on them, which they did not have in the pictures. Also, it had a beautiful atmosphere, but could have used nicer lamps and end tables. The driveway was just 300 meters, but was a challenge. Would be really difficult with a small car. The outside table was placed against the wall, which made it uninviting for eating outside together.
Tips or Restaurants:
Make sure you are not driving a mini car or you will never make it down the driveway. The best dining experience we had was at the Winery called Banfi. We went there for lunch before the tour of the winery and they had a prix fix menu with a different wine for each course. Food was excellent and so was the wine. And you could refill your glasses at each course. Would definitely go back.
Very peaceful and quiet and close to many major wine areas.
The peace and quiet.
The flies and some of the art. We expected a country villa with traditional surroundings as depicted on the web site. What we got was a farmhouse, very nice, but filled with edgy, modern, non-farmhouse art.
The people we met were amazing and very friendly and helpful.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Castlenuevo del Abate. Yes but we did not walk.
Tips or Restaurants:
Schedule a cooking class with Bruna and her translator Anna Lisa. They are an amazing team. The cooking class was the highlight of the visit.