Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Combine the idyllic setting of sandy beaches, Mediterranean sunsets and panoramic sea views with a castle and you’ll begin to get a picture of castle apartments for rent near the island of Ischia. Suitable for a group of friends, there are three private apartments for rent together. There are other apartments within the same castle. Visit the castle museum, churches, prison, and cafe-restaurant or take a stroll along the gardens and terraces. Daytrips onto the island of Ischia can be reached by a bridge connecting the castle to the island, with thermal spas and beautiful beaches on the mainland.
- Location Description
These four apartments are located on the grounds of a castle situated on a large rock facing the island of Ischia. The apartments are accessed by a bridge connecting the castle to the Mediterranean island of Ischia. Ischia is one of four islands known as the Partenopean islands in the bay of Naples; which include Capri, Procida and Vivara. While there are several excellent beaches, restaurants, shops and activities to do on the island, the highlight of your stay is sure to be Ischia’s famous thermal spas. The park Negombo, in the beautiful Bay of San Montano, has excellent thermal bath facilities along with an exotic garden, several shops, bars, restaurants, a Turkish bath and a beach. This beach has rentals for canoes, motor-boats and windsurfing equipment. Other fun activities include wine tasting at the Spadara Vineyards and the Pararazzo Wines of Ischia. Take a guided tour of the La Mortella Gardens or the Archeological Museum at Villa Arbusto. From Ischia-Port, a ferry can take you to Procida, Capri, Sorrento, Naples and Puzzuoli for a daytrip. Ischia-Port also has a bus station for access around the island.
Nearby Attractions: Ischia (beaches, restaurants, shops, thermal spas, wine tasting, La Mortella Gardens, Archaeological Museum at Villa Arbusto, ferry, bus) Procida, Capri, Sorrento, Naples, Puzzuoli.
Naples: Approx. 1 hour by boat
Ischia: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
Perched on a volcanic rock and connected to Ischia by a bridge built in 1438, Ischia’s most impressive historical monument is a castle. Originally built in 474 BC as a castrum, the castle is self-contained with a few small churches, prison, museum, a cafe-restaurant, courtyards, antique archways, terraces and gardens. There is an elevator that transports guests from the entrance of the castle to the top (approximately 80 meters above sea level), where the rental apartments are located. Each rental apartment has a private courtyard entrance. There are more apartments other than the four listed here.
- Interior Description
Recently renovated, the apartments are decorated with paintings created by the owner, son of a famous artist. Stunning views and lovely outdoor spaces grace each apartment.
Campanile (4 pax): Decorated in a Mediterranean theme and featuring the owners’ artwork, this apartment has a large living room with a kitchenette. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed. The second bedroom has two 90 cm twin-beds. There are two bathrooms with a sink, WC and shower. Both bedrooms have Air conditioning. Step out onto the terrace (35 m2) for beautiful views.
Canonica Maggiore (2 pax): This newly renovated, air conditioned apartment has a living room with dining area featuring a beautiful view of the bay, and a kitchenette with dishwasher. There is a double bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with sink, WC and shower. The bedroom also has a balcony and a view of the bay.
Canonica Minore (0-2 pax): Enter this air conditioned studio apartment through a living room with a 160 cm queen-size bed and a fitted kitchen separated off in a niche. There is one bathroom with a sink, WC and shower. This apartment also has a balcony.
Altana (4 pax): This beautiful, new, air conditioned apartment features two terraces, a spacious living room, two large double bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
Please note: There is no kitchen in this unit.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Meals on Terrace: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Massages: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Guided Tours: Upon request
- Car/Boat Rentals: Upon request
- All of the apartments have available to them elevator access, porter, concierge services, and hotel terrace dining.
- These castle apartments are not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- The castle is perched above the water and could be dangerous for young children.
- The castle welcomes visitors with paid admission.
- Please do not bring a car since parking on Ischia is very difficult. Getting around the island by bus or taxi service is easy.
- There are other apartments in the castle aside from these three.
Features and Amenities
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1400 EUR
- Telephone and Internet (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 200 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Heating - Daily Charge: 80 EUR
- Air conditioning - Daily Charge: 80 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: