View all photos
- About The Experience
In the year 1716, the Italian region of Chianti made wine history when the Grand Duke Cosimo III defined which areas of Tuscany were allowed to call their wine Chianti, a fashionable and exclusive title ever since. This Tuscany vacation rental is located in that same region which now offers countless opportunities to taste and purchase this same wine! A family with children will be pleased to know this Tuscany villa has a private swimming pool with a diving board, a landscaped garden, and views of the many hilltops and valleys nearby. The decision is yours as to whether or not you’ll stay in to cook dinner and eat on your terrace or dine out at one of the restaurants in the neighboring Chianti towns of this self-catering Tuscany accommodation.
- Location Description
Greve, the unofficial wine capital of Chianti, is located four kilometers from the property. This medieval town is believed to have been settled since before the Etruscans and the Romans dominated the area. Each September, Greve hosts the biggest wine festival in the region but it’s also famous for its funnel-shaped, arcaded Piazza Mercatale that has a statue of the 16th century explorer, Verrazzano, in the center. Chianti, known for its production of red wine, is full of specialized wine shops, wine tour opportunities, cooking classes, restaurants, museums, and castles. Another charming hilltop town in Chianti is Castellina, which today looks much as it did in the 14th century when it was on the front lines of the wars between Florence and Siena with its city walls still intact. The Rocca fortress is located in the center. Southwest of Greve is San Gimignano, one of the most popular towns of the Chianti... and rightly so! With towers rising above narrow medieval streets, you can wander inside this delightful walled city all day without getting bored. Eat too much gelato, visit a museum, or just sit on the steps of the wishing well and watch the birds soar between the towers high above. In addition to these towns, you’ll want to organize full day trips to other Tuscan cities such as Florence, Siena, and Arezzo, but before you leave, prepare yourself for a lot of walking and shopping!
Arezzo: 75 km/47 mi
Siena: 64 km/40 mi
San Gimignano: 46 km/28.5 mi
Florence: 34 km/21 mi
Castellina: 18 km/11 mi
Greve in Chianti: 4 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
This ancient stone villa in the hills of Chianti is surrounded by vineyards, orchards, and olive groves. There is a large garden with an open-air shower, barbecue, table tennis, and dressing room with a refrigerator and toilet. The private swimming pool (6m x 14m) has a diving board and loungers and is surrounded by grass landscaping. Access to the property is via an unpaved but well-maintained road and covered parking is available within the grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a living/dining room with a couch, armchair, satellite TV, fax machine, and a dining area with a table and chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, refrigerator, freezer, and microwave. A laundry room has a washing machine and dryer. Four steps higher is a WC.
First Floor: There is a second living room with a couch, fireplace, and satellite TV, as well as access to the terrace. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower. The second bedroom has two 90 cm single beds and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower.
Second Floor: There is one bedroom with two 90 cm single beds and one bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 20 Euros per hour
- Extra Housekeeping: 16 Euros per hour
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September.
- Housekeeping is provided for 4 hours per day, Monday through Saturday. Holidays are excluded. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 200 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity: According to consumption
- Gas: According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: