View all photos
- About The Experience
Surrounded by olive groves, sunflowers, and the peaceful hills of the Umbrian countryside is where you'll find this hideaway rental accommodation. Situated on a hillside, this villa in Umbria has a large landscaped yard with a private swimming pool as well as several outdoors terraces and patios, each offering views of the nearby town of Todi. This Umbria vacation rental is in a small hamlet in heart of the rolling hills of Umbria, but when you and your group are looking for more excitement, make sure to visit the gorgeous frescoes of Assisi, the famed kilns and ceramic showrooms of Deruta, the outdoor summer music and dance festival in Spoleto or the underground labyrinth in Orvieto!
- Location Description
The villa is located eight kilometers from the town of Todi, where there are markets, restaurants, and shops. In the heart of Todi, you'll find the Piazza del Popolo, which was the center of town life in medieval times and is widely regarded as one of Italy's most beautiful squares. From the cafes that line the square, you can enjoy a lovely view of the palazzos that symbolize both the civil and spiritual life of the town. The Palace of the Priors, built in the 14th century, is located just in front of a 12th century Cathedral and displays a rather unusual example of medieval architecture, including a large golden eagle and Renaissance windows. Other interesting buildings include the Mayor's Palace (now a museum) and the Palace of the People. An interesting place for a day trip is Orvieto, a city that features a once secret labyrinth of underground caves and tunnels. Many homes of noble families were equipped with these passageways as a means of escape from times of siege and guided tours are now offered! Other excellent day trip destinations include Spoleto, Deruta and Assisi. Just beyond Perugia lies sparkling Lake Trasimeno, Italy's largest lake with villages and towns perched around it.
Nearby Attractions: Todi (shops, markets, restaurants, cafes, 12th century cathedral, medieval buildings), Orvieto (underground labyrinth, shops, restaurants), Perugia, Assisi.
Assisi: 57 km
Perugia: 40 km
Orvieto: 37 km
Todi: 8 km
- Exterior Description
(3035m2) This stone villa in Umbria is surrounded by olive groves, trees, and sunflowers and has beautiful views of the countryside. The garden has remnants of medieval walls lined with roses and within them is a small orchard. There are several terraces that overlook the town of Todi as well as the Renaissance church La Consolazione on one side. Just outside the kitchen is the main terrace with a marble table and chairs, perfect for al fresco dining, as well as a barbecue. A private swimming pool (12m x 5m) is surrounded by sun loungers, a large canvas umbrella, and a grass landscaped yard. Access to the property is via an unpaved but well maintained road of about a kilometer and a half and parking is available within the property grounds for up to four cars. This villa is prominently featured in the book, "Restoring a Home in Italy" by Elizabeth Minchilli and Simon McBride.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a living room with a couch, armchairs, TV (local channels only), DVD player, CD player and fireplace. There is also a dining table with chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, and dishwasher as well as an antique cherry wood table with chairs. There is one bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed, a sofa bed suitable for one, two daybeds (suitable for children) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, bidet, and shower. A powder room on this floor has a sink and toilet.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to four bedrooms. The first bedroom has a 165 cm queen-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and separate tub. The second and third bedrooms each have a 140 cm double bed, which are comfortable for one and cozy for two. The fourth bedroom has two single beds. There is a second bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and separate tub.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone: According to use
- A Welcome Basket with fresh fruit, wine, water, coffee, tea and breakfast cookies is provided upon arrival.
- Smoking is not allowed at this property.
- Although common in Italy, a 140 cm double bed may seem small for two people by American standards.
- The pool is open from the beginning of June until the end of August.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Washing Machine
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Window Screens - Partial House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 550 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 195 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: