Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Take a stroll through your backyard and see nothing but flourishing vineyards, valleys, and mountains around you while renting this Tuscany farmhouse apartment. As an ideal setting for a family, this Tuscany vacation rental is located between Florence and Siena, which means there are plenty of activities and places nearby to keep you occupied. Such adventures include ancient churches, medieval castles, and authentic fortresses, as well as a live music and theater festival held in July. Adults will enjoy going wine tasting, as you will be in the Chianti hills, and children will love going swimming in the pool. Either way, you will adore celebrating farm holidays in Tuscany.
- Location Description
The property is located two kilometers from the medieval village of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa. Tavarnelle Val di Pesa dates back to the Roman Ages and is two kilometers from the property. In addition to shops, restaurants, and markets, Tavarnelle has a rich heritage and many ancient buildings, much like the entire Chianti region. The main sights include the church of Santa Lucia at Borghetto, Saint Peter’s Church at Bossolo, and the Museum of Holy Art. Each July, a summer festival is held featuring live music and theater shows as well as markets offering tastes of local recipes and dishes. San Gimignano is a great place to go for a day trip. As one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, it is known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times and is full of life and things to do. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. Naturally, you’ll also want to take day trips to the other famous Tuscan cities such as Florence, Siena, and Arezzo.
Arezzo: 95 km/59 mi
Volterra: 55 km/34 mi
Siena: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 37 km/23 mi
San Gimignano: 30 km/19 mi
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
This carefully restored former farmhouse is situated in a quiet location in the Chianti hills and is comprised of three individual apartments. The property offers extensive views over the surrounding valleys and vineyards and there is a fence surrounding the farmhouse. Individual units have small patios furnished with tables and chairs. There is an outdoor barbecue and a swimming pool (12m x 6m). The swimming pool is shared by the three apartments and is private when the whole farmhouse is rented. The pool area also includes sun loungers and umbrellas. Parking is available within the grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is an open living area with a sofa bed, suitable for one. The kitchen corner is equipped with a cook-top, oven, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher, as well as a dining table with chairs. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and the second bedroom has two 90 cm single beds. The first bathroom has a sink, toilet, shower, and washing machine and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- This unit can be rented with the whole farmhouse under the name
Casa della Fioraia
to accommodate more people.
- During the months of June, July, August, and September, only Saturday to Saturday rentals are accepted.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 150 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Air conditioning - Daily Charge: 8 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We had a wonderful stay. The villa was just what we were looking for.
The property manager was very good and gave us great information about what to see and where to eat.
The view. The pool. Just being able to relax and enjoy ourselves. There were a lot of daytime excursions, two of which were Siena and Firenze, so the location is wonderful. The town Tavarnelle Val di Pesa has a large supermarket and we were able to get Internet at the library.
There was no internet access. The living room was really not functional for 4 people to gather in. We spent our time mostly in the kitchen or outside. There was no radio either, so with no internet and no radio, we had no music. That would have been great to have.
It was the scenery. Grapes were being harvested and everyone was busy, yet we were still able to go for wine tastings all around the area.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The nearest small town was Noce. This is a very small town with really no stores, but Tavarnelle was only 12 mile away, so we were able to go to great restaurants, get good food supplies, and shop.
Tips or Restaurants:
We went to some excellent restaurants. The villa is not luxurious, but it was exactly what we were looking for and it was affordable.
Everything was there, so we didn't need to buy anything.
We did have a GPS, which was very helpful. The directions given were also very good. It is quite easy when you are coming from Rome. We were coming from Rimini, so we had to cross mountains on a very winding road. We did not have a cell phone to call the property manager, so had to go into town to find a phone. She met us at the store and drove with us back to the property.