Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Elegant, spacious, and with great views is how one would describe this Italian farmhouse rental. Well suited for a large family or group of friends, this self-catering accommodation features two living rooms, a private swimming pool and large landscaped grounds in the midst of the Eastern Tuscan countryside. The town of Santa Mama is only two kilometers away, but two food shops and a bakery are within walking distance.
- Location Description
Located in the Casentino region of Tuscany, this property is located 800 meters from a couple of food shops and a bakery. Just two kilometers away is the town of Santa Mama where you’ll find a market, pizzerias, post office, bank, and gas station. The towns of Poppi, Bibbiena, Pratovecchio, Stia and Subbiano are interesting villages to visit in the area. The Verna Sanctuary and Camaldoli monastery are a must see. Arezzo is a much larger town located about 24 kilometers from the property and is considered one of the most important Etruscan cities. Arezzo is home to the renowned medieval square, The Piazza Grande, which features thirteenth-sixteenth century Romanesque architecture like the Episcopal Palace, and the Palace of the Lay Fraternity. Also in the area are several gothic churches, including the Cathedral of San Donato, as well as medieval and contemporary museums. It was also a filming location for the Life is Beautiful. If you decide to vacation during the summer, annual festivals are a great way to learn more about the history and culture of Italy. The Joust of the Saracens is celebrated every June and September and the popular music festival is celebrated each July. Day trips to other famous cities, like Cortona and Florence, are easily feasible via train from Arezzo or there are any number of destinations that can be accessed easily by car.
Florence: 95 km/59 mi
Siena: 53 km/33 mi
Arezzo: 24 km/15 mi
Santa Mama: 2 km/1 mi
Food Shops, Bakery: 800 m/2625 ft
- Exterior Description
This traditional Tuscan farmhouse constructed of brick is situated on landscaped grounds with lots of trees, plants, and flowers as well as great views of the surrounding countryside. There is an outdoor dining patio with a barbecue and a table with chairs. The private swimming pool (7m x 14m) is situated on the sunniest part of the estate and is surrounded by sun loungers, and umbrellas. An unpaved dirt road of 50 meters leads to the farmhouse and parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The entrance opens to a living room with couches, armchairs, and a satellite TV as well as a large glass door looking out to views of the countryside. Nearby is a dining room with a table and chairs as well as a fireplace and a door opening to an outdoor dining area. The kitchen is well equipped with an American refrigerator, 5-burner cook-top, double sink, electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, and dishwasher. There is one bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower, and a laundry area with washing machine.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to a second living area with couches, chairs, and a fireplace. There are four bedrooms on this floor. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an ensuite service bathroom with a toilet. The second bedroom is a suite and features a reading area with chairs, a 160 cm queen-sized bed, and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. The third and fourth bedrooms each have a 160 cm queen-sized bed. There is a second bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and hydro-massage tub and a third bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 50 Euros per person
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 12 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Departure Time: 9:30 - 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time