View all photos
- About The Experience
With the lovely Lucca countryside as its backdrop this villa is its own gem among olive groves and vineyards. Perfectly equipped to host a large family gathering or celebration, this vacation rental in Tuscany features a private fenced swimming pool, extensive grounds, and wonderful views. Add a little touch of history to the mix, as this self-catering accommodation near Lucca was once part of an old convent, and the fact that it’s a short walk into town and you’ve found yourself just the place to spend your holiday!
- Location Description
The villa is located 300 meters from the village of Segromigno in Monte where there is a market, pizzeria, shop, and post office. Just seven kilometers away is Lucca, which is worth enjoying simply for its medieval charm, but there are also a number of interesting sights to visit. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable… and a lot less work! Plus there are plenty of shops and restaurants for your enjoyment. Other great day trip destinations include Pisa, Florence, and Pietrasanta.
Nearby Attractions: Segromigno in Monte (market, pizzeria, shop, post office), Lucca (shops, restaurants, museums, churches, 130-foot tower), Pisa, Florence, Forte dei Marni, Marina di Pietrasanta.
Florence: 95 km/59 mi
Pietrasanta: 54 km/33.5 mi
Pisa: 45 km/28 mi
Lucca: 7 km/4 mi
Segromigno in Monte: 300 m/984 ft
- Exterior Description
(5,000m2) Dating back to the 1600’s this villa, which was once part of old convent of Cappucini monks, is surrounded by olive groves, and vineyards. There is a garden with a table and chairs as well as a small house (100 m2/1,076 ft 2) that can be used for gatherings or meetings. There is a private fenced swimming pool (6m x 14m), open from the beginning of May to the end of October, that is surrounded by cascades and roses. Nearby are sun loungers and umbrellas. Please be aware that the villa features an independent apartment where the owners live, but complete privacy is maintained at all times. There is also an attic, which has a separate entrance and staircase, where the gardener lives. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
(700 m2/7,534 ft2)
Ground Floor: The entrance leads to a living room with couches, armchairs, and French doors with access to the garden. There is a large dining room with a table and chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, pizza oven, microwave, toaster, American coffee maker, mixer, and dishwasher. A laundry room is complete with a washing machine, dryer, iron, and ironing board. An office has a computer and ADSL internet connection. There are two service bathrooms, each with a sink and toilet.
First Floor: A staircase and elevator lead up to the first floor where there are five bedroom suites and one bedroom. The five bedroom suites each have a living area with a sofa bed (most comfortable for one, but available for two), small fridge, satellite TV, and CD player. Please note that the beds of each suite are located above the living areas in a loft accessible via a staircase. The first bedroom suite has a king-sized bed (200 cm) and two ensuite bathrooms; the first with a sink, toilet, and shower and the second with a sink, toilet, and tub. The second, third, and fourth bedrooms each have a living room with a sofa bed (most comfortable for one, but available for two), a loft with a king-sized bed (200 cm), and two ensuite bathrooms; the first with a sink, toilet, and shower and the second with a sink, toilet, and tub. The fifth bedroom has two single beds (115 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower, and another bathroom with sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld showerhead. The sixth bedroom has a king-sized (180 cm) bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. Each double bed can be separated to form two single beds upon prior request.
Second Floor: A staircase and elevator lead up to five more bedrooms. The first bedroom has a king-sized (180 cm) bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower with a tub. The second bedroom has a king-sized bed (200 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower with a tub. The third bedroom has a king-sized bed (200 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower with a tub. The fourth and fifth bedrooms each have a queen-sized bed (160 cm) and share a fourth bathroom with a sink, toilet, and bathtub.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping (additional): 18 Euros per hour
- Breakfast Service: 15 Euro per person (minimum 10 guests)
- Car Service with Driver: Upon request
- High Chair and Portable Baby Crib/Playpen: 30 Euro per week for both
- A Welcome Buffet is provided upon arrival, as well as one complimentary frigo-bar pre-stocking in all bedrooms.
- Owners live in an apartment on the property and the gardener lives in the attic with a separate entrance. The villa is completely private.
- The elevator is large enough for wheelchairs.
- Housekeeping is provided for 4 hours daily (except Sunday). Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee. Linen changed mid-week.
- 5 additional guests can sleep in the sofa beds inside the bedroom suites for an extra cost of 30 Euros per night, per person. Total maximum guests allowed at the villa is 27.
Features and Amenities
- Elevator (in Building)
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Wheelchair Accessible - Inside Home
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Fenced
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Pool Heating: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 8 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Great experience. Staff was very friendly and helped with getting whatever we needed.
Peaceful setting and the history of villa.
Our bedroom was one of the smaller available.
Visiting the winery was great.
Show All 8 Reviews
The staff was always helpful and welcoming. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
The owner and staff's helpful desire to serve and accommodate.
Nothing, the overall experience exceeded our expectations.
Peaceful, quiet and friendly.
Tips or Restaurants:
They had everything covered. I wasn't missing a thing.
The directions were good. We used the google maps app on our cell phone.
Check In Out:
Thank you very much for the wonderful experience at Villa Monte!
Show All 8 Reviews
Our entire group had a wonderful time.
Cleanliness, modern accommodations, and ensuite bathrooms for all.
Slow European washer/dryer.
Not much you can do about that.
Convenient to all areas in Tuscany.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Segromino in Monte.
Yes, but more suburban than village-like, so services were spread out.
Really, most people drove for services.
Tips or Restaurants:
Everything was provided for comfortable living.
Buca di Sanantonio restaurant in Lucca !!!
Check In Out:
Show All 8 Reviews