View all photos
- About The Experience
Between Poggibonsi and San Gimignano, this holiday accommodation in Tuscany provides the benefits of a large Tuscan estate without the necessity of having to travel with a large group. This Tuscany holiday accommodation is an apartment within a villa, with plenty of space for outdoor relaxation, walks, and swimming. In addition to having your own rental accommodation near San Gimignano, which is where the movie "Tea with Mussolini" starring Maggie Smith, Cher, and Judi Dench was filmed, you'll find yourself in the perfect location for winery-hopping and day trips to Florence, Siena, and more.
- Location Description
This estate is located down a 2 km/1 mi private, unpaved road and is 3 km/2 mi from the medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano, which dates back to the 10th century. San Gimignano is one of the most visited towns in Tuscany and is full of life and things to do. From the property, you’ll be able to see the town’s famous towers, the 12th century Duomo. Be sure to visit the People's Palace, and the museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. If you’d like to explore bigger cities in Italy, a local bus can take you to the town of Poggibonsi where there is a train station that can connect you to destinations like Siena, Florence, or Pisa.
Arezzo: 90 km/56 mi
Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport: 80 km/50 mi
Florence Peretola Airport: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 40 km/25 mi
Pisa: 30 km/19 mi
Volterra: 30 km/19 mi
Siena: 30 km/19 mi
Golf Course: 12 km/7 mi
Tennis Courts and Horse Stables: 4 km/2 mi
San Gimignano: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
This estate on a hillside, right on what was once the old country road leading to the town of San Gimignano, and boasts a stupendous view of the town’s famous towers. Set magnificently within the splendid Tuscan countryside, the property is surrounded by olive groves and vines that produce oil of superb quality and the excellent white wine, Vernaccia. There’s also a large park with cypress trees and flowers. The property was recently renovated, but dates back to the Middle Ages. The villa has been divided into independent apartments. Guests can make use of the pergola for al fresco meals, or enjoy the shared pool (8m x 16m, open Apr 24 - Oct 30). There’s parking on the property.
- Interior Description
(45 m2/484 ft2)
Ground Floor: This apartment has an open and bright living space equipped with a sofa and a dining table with chairs. The kitchen corner has a microwave oven, grill and a freezer. There is one double bedroom and one bathroom with a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 29 Euros per person
- Breakfast Basket: 7 Euros per person; generally includes coffee, tea, marmalade, honey, Nutella, biscuits, milk, and sugar.
- Cooking Classes: 85 Euros per person
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Facilities: 6 Euros per washing machine cycle and 6 Euros per dryer cycle
- Pool Towels: 6 Euros per week
- Portable Baby Crib: 30 Euros per week
- High Chair: Upon request
- Hair Dryer: Upon request
- This property is located on the same estate as
Il Cortile del Borgo 2,
Il Cortile del Borgo 3,
Il Cortile del Borgo 4,
Il Cortile del Borgo 5,
Il Cortile del Borgo 6,
Il Cortile del Borgo 7,
Il Cortile del Borgo 8,
Il Cortile del Borgo 9,
Il Cortile del Borgo 10,
Il Cortile del Borgo 11,
Il Cortile del Borgo 12,
Il Cortile del Borgo 13,
Il Cortile del Borgo 14, and
Il Cortile del Borgo 15.
- WiFi can be found outdoors, near the Reception Office. It cannot be received in the units as the walls are too thick.
- Air conditioning is available and included in the rental price from the beginning of June through the beginning of September.
- People beyond the maximum number of sleeping spaces, including children up to the age of 2, are not allowed.
- Given the structure of the house, the antique furniture, and the absence of equipped areas suitable for playing in, parents must pay special attention to the children present. This is to guarantee a peaceful and serene holiday for guests.
- Finally, guests must read the regulations of the house and respect them during their stay. Any group bookings must be agreed upon beforehand.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 250 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Weekly Charge: 30 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like:
Overall, the experience was positive. The apartment and grounds were spotless, exactly the way I like my home in the U.S. The family is very nice, attentive and helpful. We had an ant problem our first morning in the flat and they took care of it immediately. There were some spider sightings but these can't be helped in the countryside. Our shower had very little water pressure so it took twice the time to shower in the mornings. We weren't in a hurry so it wasn't an issue but maybe they should look into that. The laundry room, located in the back of the house, is a little far from the main residences but if you check it out, you'll see how well they maintain their property. You can practically eat off the floor in that room!
I really liked their pool. Although the weather didn't cooperate that much, we were able to enjoy 1-2 days poolside. They maintained the pool very well, not too much chlorine, and the lawn furniture was pretty cool and retro. The view from where the pool is situated is amazing!
The location is the least attractive about this property. First, the road leading to the house is not paved. We scratched the bottom of our car and we suspect that the alignment was off after driving to-from the property daily. Second, the closest town seems to be San Gimignano which is overrun with tourists! My friend and I took a walk around the town on a rainy morning and we couldn't even walk in a straight line because there were so many tourists to avoid. We never went back again. Also, the locals who work in the town were so rude, probably because they get annoyed with so many American bus tour groups going into their shops and automatically speaking English! I would recommend a different and more beautiful location - Castellina in Chianti. The town there is tiny but so adorable and NOT overrun with tourists. The scenery is breathtaking and the roads are paved.
The grounds are well kept. The family seems to be fairly strict about what you can consume in the public areas so we respected that.
We had a GPS but I did not receive nor request the coordinates. This is definitely important because we burned nearly one hour trying to find the place until an American expat literally drove us to the location.
Check In Out: