View all photos
- About The Experience
Between Poggibonsi and San Gimignano, this holiday accommodation in Tuscany provides the benefits of a large Tuscan estate without the necessity of having to travel with a large group. This Tuscany holiday accommodation is an apartment within a villa, with plenty of space for outdoor relaxation, walks, and swimming. In addition to having your own rental accommodation near San Gimignano, which is where the movie "Tea with Mussolini" starring Maggie Smith, Cher, and Judi Dench was filmed, you'll find yourself in the perfect location for winery-hopping and day trips to Florence, Siena, and more.
- Location Description
This estate is located down a 2 km/1 mi private, unpaved road and is 3 km/2 mi from the medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano, which dates back to the 10th century. San Gimignano is one of the most visited towns in Tuscany and is full of life and things to do. From the property, you’ll be able to see the town’s famous towers, the 12th century Duomo. Be sure to visit the People's Palace, and the museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. If you’d like to explore bigger cities in Italy, a local bus can take you to the town of Poggibonsi where there is a train station that can connect you to destinations like Siena, Florence, or Pisa.
Arezzo: 90 km/56 mi
Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport: 80 km/50 mi
Florence Peretola Airport: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 40 km/25 mi
Pisa: 30 km/19 mi
Volterra: 30 km/19 mi
Siena: 30 km/19 mi
Golf Course: 12 km/7 mi
Tennis Courts and Horse Stables: 4 km/2 mi
San Gimignano: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
This estate on a hillside, right on what was once the old country road leading to the town of San Gimignano, and boasts a stupendous view of the town’s famous towers. Set magnificently within the splendid Tuscan countryside, the property is surrounded by olive groves and vines that produce oil of superb quality and the excellent white wine, Vernaccia. There’s also a large park with cypress trees and flowers. The property was recently renovated, but dates back to the Middle Ages. The villa has been divided into independent apartments. Guests can make use of the pergola for al fresco meals, or enjoy the shared pool (8m x 16m, open Apr 24 - Oct 30). There’s parking on the property.
- Interior Description
(60 m2/646 ft2)
Ground Floor: spacious living/dining room with kitchen corner equipped with freezer and microwave oven/grill, 1 double bedroom, 1 bathroom with shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 29 Euros per person
- Breakfast Basket: 7 Euros per person; generally includes coffee, tea, marmalade, honey, Nutella, biscuits, milk, and sugar.
- Cooking Classes: 85 Euros per person
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Facilities: 6 Euros per washing machine cycle and 6 Euros per dryer cycle
- Pool Towels: 6 Euros per week
- Portable Baby Crib: 30 Euros per week
- High Chair: Upon request
- Hair Dryer: Upon request
- This property is located on the same estate as
Il Cortile del Borgo 1,
Il Cortile del Borgo 2,
Il Cortile del Borgo 3,
Il Cortile del Borgo 5,
Il Cortile del Borgo 6,
Il Cortile del Borgo 7,
Il Cortile del Borgo 8,
Il Cortile del Borgo 9,
Il Cortile del Borgo 10,
Il Cortile del Borgo 11,
Il Cortile del Borgo 12,
Il Cortile del Borgo 13,
Il Cortile del Borgo 14, and
Il Cortile del Borgo 15.
- WiFi can be found outdoors, near the Reception Office. It cannot be received in the units as the walls are too thick.
- Air conditioning is available and included in the rental price from the beginning of June through the beginning of September.
- People beyond the maximum number of sleeping spaces, including children up to the age of 2, are not allowed.
- Given the structure of the house, the antique furniture, and the absence of equipped areas suitable for playing in, parents must pay special attention to the children present. This is to guarantee a peaceful and serene holiday for guests.
- Finally, guests must read the regulations of the house and respect them during their stay. Any group bookings must be agreed upon beforehand.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 250 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Weekly Charge: 30 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 3 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
This was a wonderful experience. Ricardo, Sandra and Simona were always helpful and responsive. They helped us work on our Italian language skills with a smile always.
The steps up to the pool.
We wanted to feel like we were truly living a normal life and the proximity to supermarkets and other shops that one uses on a daily basis enabled us to do so. The ride to Siena and Florence by car, bus or train was extremely convenient.
Nearby Events or Locales:
San Gimignano--not within walking distance.
The real difficulty was in getting out of the Florence airport area. We did not use a GPS or get coordinates. The Si-Fi-Pisa road is the one to use.
Good. The people there were very accommodating and helpful. Their English was good and they seemed very thoughtful.
Quiet. Old converted Abbey school. Well kept up and clean. Old world grandeur.
Two-edged sword. You have the beauty of where it is located but you also have a twisting gravel road to get there. The "oven" was a microwave and the coffee pot was percolator type that we found insufficient to make a good cup of coffee. Luckily, by the third day we found a coffee shop a few miles away. Since they only serve dinner Tues, Fri, and Sat, you have to eat in the other nights. Stove was OK, but restricted to frying and boiling. Going to San Gimignano for dinner meant driving over those back roads in the dark - didn't think that was a good option after a carafe of wine.
Beautiful scenery right out the window. Be warned - no screen windows. You can figure that out!
Nearby Events or Locales:
San Gimignano - Definitely not within walking distance.
Tips or Restaurants:
Spend the extra - get an automatic transmission and a GPS. Italian drivers are scary. You have to have a car to use this facility. Be prepared to spend big bucks eating out.
Check In Out:
They let us check in early and were ready and waiting to assist us both in and out.
I would stay here again and recommend it.
Peace and quiet, views, and the overall quality of the apartment.
I would prefer to have something better than a microwave oven to cook with. I have never used one and don't want to learn.
Perfect countryside and very well positioned for excursions.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Christopher , July