View all photos
- About The Experience
Between Poggibonsi and San Gimignano, this holiday accommodation in Tuscany provides the benefits of a large Tuscan estate without the necessity of having to travel with a large group. This Tuscany holiday accommodation is an apartment within a villa, with plenty of space for outdoor relaxation, walks, and swimming. In addition to having your own rental accommodation near San Gimignano, which is where the movie "Tea with Mussolini" starring Maggie Smith, Cher, and Judi Dench was filmed, you'll find yourself in the perfect location for winery-hopping and day trips to Florence, Siena, and more.
- Location Description
This estate is located down a 2 km/1 mi private, unpaved road and is 3 km/2 mi from the medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano, which dates back to the 10th century. San Gimignano is one of the most visited towns in Tuscany and is full of life and things to do. From the property, you’ll be able to see the town’s famous towers, the 12th century Duomo. Be sure to visit the People's Palace, and the museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. If you’d like to explore bigger cities in Italy, a local bus can take you to the town of Poggibonsi where there is a train station that can connect you to destinations like Siena, Florence, or Pisa.
Arezzo: 90 km/56 mi
Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport: 80 km/50 mi
Florence Peretola Airport: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 40 km/25 mi
Pisa: 30 km/19 mi
Volterra: 30 km/19 mi
Siena: 30 km/19 mi
Golf Course: 12 km/7 mi
Tennis Courts and Horse Stables: 4 km/2 mi
San Gimignano: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
This estate on a hillside, right on what was once the old country road leading to the town of San Gimignano, and boasts a stupendous view of the town’s famous towers. Set magnificently within the splendid Tuscan countryside, the property is surrounded by olive groves and vines that produce oil of superb quality and the excellent white wine, Vernaccia. There’s also a large park with cypress trees and flowers. The property was recently renovated, but dates back to the Middle Ages. The villa has been divided into independent apartments. Guests can make use of the pergola for al fresco meals, or enjoy the shared pool (8m x 16m, open Apr 24 - Oct 30). There’s parking on the property.
- Interior Description
(90 m2/969 ft2)
Ground Floor: spacious living/dining room with kitchen corner equipped with freezer and microwave oven/grill and two sofa-beds, 1 double bedroom with bathroom with shower, small fully-equipped terrace.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 29 Euros per person
- Breakfast Basket: 7 Euros per person; generally includes coffee, tea, marmalade, honey, Nutella, biscuits, milk, and sugar.
- Cooking Classes: 85 Euros per person
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Facilities: 6 Euros per washing machine cycle and 6 Euros per dryer cycle
- Pool Towels: 6 Euros per week
- Portable Baby Crib: 30 Euros per week
- High Chair: Upon request
- Hair Dryer: Upon request
- This property is located on the same estate as
Il Cortile del Borgo 1,
Il Cortile del Borgo 2,
Il Cortile del Borgo 3,
Il Cortile del Borgo 4,
Il Cortile del Borgo 6,
Il Cortile del Borgo 7,
Il Cortile del Borgo 8,
Il Cortile del Borgo 9,
Il Cortile del Borgo 10,
Il Cortile del Borgo 11,
Il Cortile del Borgo 12,
Il Cortile del Borgo 13,
Il Cortile del Borgo 14, and
Il Cortile del Borgo 15.
- WiFi can be found outdoors, near the Reception Office. It cannot be received in the units as the walls are too thick.
- Air conditioning is available and included in the rental price from the beginning of June through the beginning of September.
- People beyond the maximum number of sleeping spaces, including children up to the age of 2, are not allowed.
- Given the structure of the house, the antique furniture, and the absence of equipped areas suitable for playing in, parents must pay special attention to the children present. This is to guarantee a peaceful and serene holiday for guests.
- Finally, guests must read the regulations of the house and respect them during their stay. Any group bookings must be agreed upon beforehand.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 250 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Weekly Charge: 30 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
A wonderful experience. We'd definitely go again but would probably choose an apartment at the villa with more windows.
The view, friendliness, and helpfulness of the staff.
Windows should be screened as they have to be opened for cooling at night. One of our 3 windows was screened.
We enjoyed the ease of getting from the villa to the surrounding villages.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Tips or Restaurants:
We loved the theme dinners and featured wines. There was also one night when Sandra performed--a lovely experience!
Used a GPS some but mostly followed the directions.
This is an excellent rental property with a great staff and a most convenient location for most places in Northern Tuscany including Siena and Florence.
Spectacular view, convenient location, fairly easy to get to, staff was excellent, dinner on the property was excellent, also.
Stairs were a chore after a while, lighting was poor, tiny tiny shower, lack of towels was a problem.
Loved San Gimignano being five minutes away. Loved the Pam Market. Also, it's Tuscany and it's beautiful and very easy to enjoy.
Tips or Restaurants:
Bring coffee if you are Americano, pool towels, book light if you like to read at night. We found the bug spray unnecessary. You should try two restaurants in San Gimignano, Il Pino and Il Castello, don't eat in Poggibonsi. We had the worst pizza in our lives there. How sad is that?
Just follow the signs.
Check In Out:
They would not allow you to carry your bags - Thank God - and I could not tip them for it; they flat out refused to accept a tip.
William A., August