View all photos
- About The Experience
If you’re on the hunt to find a vacation rental in the Tuscany countryside that can provide you and your family with comfort and space, you have found it here! This holiday farmhouse in the Chianti region features extensive grounds and a large swimming pool for your enjoyment. Plus it’s only a short drive from Mercatale Val di Pesa as well as Florence and San Gimignano.
- Location Description
The property is located two and a half kilometers from Mercatale Val di Pesa, a small town surrounded by olive groves, vineyards, and woods. Because Mercatale Val di Pesa in situated in the Chianti Classico wine region, there will be opportunities to go wine tasting. Within the town is a gorgeous castle called Il Palagio and this castle is believed to date back to the year 1252. There are shops, restaurants, and markets in Mercatale. There are many places nearby that are convenient for day trips. Greve in Chianti is a charming town not far away and Florence is just 30 kilometers away! World-renowned for its art, culture, and architecture, you can immerse yourself in Florentine life in countless ways. Shop the Ponte Vecchio, marvel at the Statue of David, step back in time at the Pitti Palace, or tour the artistic wonders of the Uffizi Gallery. Other day trip destinations can include San Gimignano and Siena.
Nearby Attractions: Mercatale Val di Pesa (shops, restaurants, cafes), Montefiridolfi (shops, restaurants, cafes), Greve, Siena, San Gimignano, Florence.
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
San Gimignano: 41 km/25.5 mi
Florence: 30 km/18.5 mi
Greve in Chianti: 15 km/9 mi
Mercatale Val di Pesa: 2.5 km/1.5 mi
- Exterior Description
This large villa is set in the Tuscan countryside and overlooks the surrounding valleys, hills, and mountains. It is comprised of three apartments, one of which is occupied by the owners. Please be aware that your privacy will be maintained at all times. The apartments for rent are located on the second floor (with an elevator). There is a large landscaped garden with a shared swimming pool (12m x 7m) surrounded by sun loungers and a gazebo. The pool is open from the open beginning of May to end of September. Also near the pool is an open-air shower (cold water only) and a dressing room with a toilet. The two apartments share a terrace furnished with a table and chairs. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
(150 m2/1,614 ft2)
Second Floor (with elevator): There is a living room with couches and satellite TV. The adjacent dining room has a table with chairs as well as access to the terrace. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, American coffee maker, Espresso machine, and dishwasher. There are two bedrooms on this floor. The first bedroom has a queen-sized bed (160 cm) and the second bedroom has a single bed (90 cm). There is one bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower as well as a washing machine.
Mezzanine: A staircase leads up to an open loft overlooking the living room where there is a French bed (120 cm) (most suitable for one) and a folding bed (which can sleep one). There is also a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- WiFi Connection: 20 Euros per week
- This apartment can be rented with
Casa Mercatale - Secco
to accommodate more people.
- The owners live in an apartment in the villa, as well, but complete privacy is maintained at all times.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 300 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 150 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Daily Charge: 15 EUR
- Air conditioning - Daily Charge: 15 EUR
- Internet - Weekly Charge: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time