View all photos
- About The Experience
This lakeshore villa on Lake Como has a private dock and is close to a ferry pier for ferries to destinations around the lake. Elegant yet comfortable, this holiday rental is just a few kilometers from Cernobbio as well as just a quick water-taxi trip away from Como, Bellagio, and Tremezzo. Whether you’re strolling through the garden, sunbathing on the terrace, or feasting on Italian fare in the dining room, the views are outstanding!
- Location Description
This villa is situated within walking distance of a restaurant, but you're sure to find a larger selection of shops and restaurants in Cernobbio, which is three kilometers away. Cernobbio is a waterfront town that is full of shops, cafes, and restaurants. The streets are narrow and the piazzas feature cobblestones- both of which add charm to the town's already picturesque environment. The area is filled with a wide range of luxury villas and mansions, as well as the legendary Villa d'Este. Gorgeous gardens surround the villa that includes dozens of different flowers and even a mosaic from the time it was built. Como, located at the southernmost tip of the lake which bears its name, is perfect for a day's outing. Sights in Como include the Duomo, the austere church of San Abbondio, the Piazza S. Fedele (with many 400-year-old buildings), and the Basilica, one of the masterpieces of the maestri comacini (Como masters). Lake Como is lined with medieval and Renaissance villages, so taking a trip in any direction will lead you to beautiful and historical cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas. The Nazigazione dei Laghi pier, where you can find ferries to other destinations, is only 400 meters away.
Nearby Attractions: shops, restaurants, Cernobbio (shops, cafes, restaurants, cobblestone piazza's, Villa d'Este), Como (Duomo, chuches), medieval villages with cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas.
Milan: 50 km/31 mi
Como: 7 km/4 mi
Cernobbio: 3 km/2 mi
Navigazione dei Laghi Pier (Ferries): 400 m/1312 ft
Shops, Restaurants: Within walking distance
- Exterior Description
This gorgeous Italian villa situated right on Lake Como features a private dock from which it is possible to rent water-taxis. There is a large panoramic terrace furnished with sun loungers overlooking the surrounding lake and mountains. In the garden is a barbecue and ping-pong table. Parking for two cars is available within the property grounds. The lake road is at the back of the villa, but the bedrooms, living and dining room face the lake.
- Interior Description
First Floor: The entrance leads to a formal living room with French doors opening to a terrace with views of the lake and mountains. A second living room has couches, chairs, a plasma TV with satellite, and a DVD player. There is also a room with a pool table that opens to another terrace. There is a bedroom with twin beds (can be joined to make a double bed on request). There is a bathroom with WC, sink and shower.
Ground Floor: A staircase leads down to a dining room with a fireplace and access to the garden. The kitchen is also on this floor and is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, espresso machine, and dishwasher. There is one bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed as well as a shower. There is a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet. A fitness room has a sauna and a shower.
Second Floor: A staircase leads up to three bedrooms. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed, a private terrace overlooking the lake, and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower. The second bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and views of the lake. The third bedroom has two 90 cm single beds. There is a second bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower.
- Features Description
Arrive & Relax: This property allows you to show up, drop your bags, and settle in without a hassle. No searching for a grocery store after that long flight, and no worrying about Sunday store closures. You can deal with the details later… after a meal and a good nights' sleep! Arrive & Relax provisions include:
- Welcome Dinner: This simple meal will be left for you with heating instructions and includes: a pasta dish, vegetable dish, salad, fruit, bread, and wine.
- Stocked Pantry: Basic groceries will be provided according to the number in your party. Supplies will include milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, and cereal.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Air Conditioning: 200 Euros per week
- There is Air conditioning in each of the bedrooms and the living room.
- The lake road is behind the villa, but the bedrooms and living and dining room face the lake. There can be some road noise.
- A gardener comes 3 times per week.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Towels are changed on Wednesday and Saturday; Linens are changed on Saturday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 10 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Extra Bed - Weekly Charge: 250 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 350 EUR
- Gas: According to consumption
- Electricity (above 50 euros per week): According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 6 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
This property was amazing, comfortable, had beautiful views, and a fabulous kitchen. The garden was a special bonus as it was beautifully manicured and much larger than we expected.
The view of the lake and the gardens. Runner up was the kitchen and outside dining area.
The pool was very nice, but it could have been cleaner (had a slight ring around the top). Temperature of the water and overall pool area was perfect.
Proximity to other towns for dinner and excursions.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Nearest small town was Moltrasio. It was within walking distance, but the road was much too narrow and busy to make the journey on foot.
Tips or Restaurants:
We had lunch on a nearby island at Locanda Dell' Isola. It was great.
Also, we had dinner in Como at Michelin Star restaurant I Tigli in Theoria. It was amazing and made for a very special evening. The only thing I recommend you bring would be converters for electrical outlets.
We had a driver, but directions were very good. He had no problems and I do not think he used GPS.
Check In Out:
The property manager made both check in and check out simple. We had no issues and he was very accommodating. He even offered to shuttle us to the grocery store if we needed his help.
Show All 6 Reviews
We were thrilled - enough to begin plans to return to the villa again.
Working with Krista at RentVillas. She assisted us in arranging a number of services.
Show All 6 Reviews
The grounds and pool
The villa could use some updating; interiors are tired.The noise from the street and construction were loud at times.
Lake and town
Directions were fine.
Show All 6 Reviews