View all photos
- About The Experience
Directly overlooking the Valdichiana and olive groves, this holiday villa is truly in a peaceful setting. Located just five kilometers from Cortona, this villa features a large terrace that is perfect for outdoor dining and relaxing. For a quiet and serene visit with family or friends to Tuscany, this is the villa for you.
- Location Description
The property is five kilometers away from Cortona, an ancient Etruscan hilltop town that is full of art, history, and culture. Tour frescoed churches from the 13th century; explore the original city walls, and then visit an art exhibit in the 16th century fortress. You are also sure to find restaurants featuring delicious Tuscan dishes and ancient tombs dating back to the second century BC. There are plenty of shops selling antiques, crafts, wines, and olive oils, as well as a bank, post office, and pharmacy. Excellent day trip destinations from the property are to Lake Trasimeno, Arezzo, Perugia, and Siena.
Nearby Attractions: Cortona (shops, restaurants, bank, post office, pharmacy, museums, wine tasting, ancient churches), Lake Trasimeno (water sports), Arezzo, Perugia, Siena.
Siena: 70 km/43 mi
Perugia: 45 km/28 mi
Arezzo: 30 km/19 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 30 km/19 mi
Camucia: 7 km/4 mi
Cortona: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
(11 hectares) This villa and is surrounded by spectacular views of the Valdichiana. There is a large terrace (70m2) with a gazebo, furnished with a cooking area that has a barbecue and a dining table with chairs. A private swimming pool (3.5m x 7.5m) is surrounded by a sun deck with sun loungers. Access to the property is via a paved road and covered parking is available within the grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: An entrance foyer leads to a dining room with a table and chairs and a kitchen equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher. The kitchen opens to the terrace. There is one bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an ensute bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to a living room with couches, satellite TV, and DVD player as well as access to a covered patio. There are two bedrooms on this floor, each with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and tub.
Second Floor: A staircase leads up to two bedrooms. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and tub. The second bedroom has a 90 cm single bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 10 Euros per hour
- Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour
- There are several villas on the same 11-hectare estate but each offers its own privacy.
- Housekeeping requires a minimum of 2 hours.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to Consumption
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 200 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Electricity: According to consumption
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Exceeded expectations and resulted in a magical experience overall.
The seclusion of this property was our favorite part. Literally tucked away among olive trees and vineyards at the end of a dirt road. However, it's on the side of a hill so you still have a great view and don't feel confined. Didn't see anyone during our entire visit except, of course, the villa owner who was wonderfully nice.
Kitchen was smaller than I would have liked, but was entirely functional.
The final 2 - 3 km of roads (paved and dirt) that lead up to the villa feel like you are being transported to another time.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Nothing within walking distance, but that's a bonus in my view. Both Cortona and Camucia are within 6 km and serve very different purposes. Camucia has well stocked grocery stores, pharmacy, etc. Cortona is an ancient walled city with everything you go to Tuscany for - food, sites, etc.
Tips or Restaurants:
Rental car is a must-have. While I'm sure there are taxis, it's 6km (actual road miles) to Cortona part of which is on tiny roads and behind the villa's private gate. Having to rely on taxis would be very hard.
There are at least 2 nice, large grocery stores in Camucia which is only a few kilometers away. But, they close at 1:00 on Sundays. The other days of the week it looked like they were open until 8:00pm.
Best restaurant finds were in Cortona
Osteria del Teatro - gorgeous little terrace and incredible food.
La Loggetta - overlooks main piazza and also fabulous food.
John , July