View all photos
- About The Experience
This holiday accommodation in Umbria is comprised of five units within an old borgo about 10 km from the charming town of Spoleto, home of the annual Festival dei Due Mondi. The Valle unit is a perfect place for a family to enjoy the pleasures of Umbrian life, as well as take in the peaceful setting amidst the lush garden and beautiful views.
- Location Description
The property is located 10 kilometers from Spoleto, an ancient city that is believed to date back to the year 241 BC. Because of this, there are many interesting and historical sights to see including the Roman Theater, (home now to the National Archaeological Museum), the Duomo of S. Maria Assunta (a Romanesque church with historical artifacts), and the Palazzo Vigili and Torre dell’Olio (the sole medieval city tower remaining in Spoleto). Spoleto is now known in Italy for its annual Festival dei Due Mondi (Festival of Two Worlds) held in late July and early June where there is a celebration with music, theater, and dance performances. You’ll also be able to find plenty of shops, restaurants, and markets here in Spoleto as well as all the necessities like a pharmacy and post office. Day trip destinations can include Assisi, Todi, and Castelluccio.
Nearby Attractions: Spoleto (ancient churches, architecture, annual summer festival, shops, restaurants, markets, post office, pharmacy, bank), Assisi (churches, historical pieces of art, restaurants, shops), Todi (Palace of the Priors, medieval architecture), Castelluccio (scenic village).
Castelluccio: 80 km/50 mi
Todi: 62 km/38.5 mi
Perugia: 60 km/37 mi
Assisi: 55 km/34 mi
Spoleto: 10 km/6 mi
- Exterior Description
This accommodation is situated in a large and lush garden with panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and meadows. Three of the houses can be rented individually as well under the name Il Villaggio Umbro – Valle, Il Villaggio Umbro - Collina, and Il Villaggio Umbro - Vista. Each house has a private terrace and garden with a table and chairs. In the borgo, where the owners live as well, is an old church building and a covered terrace furnished with a table and chairs. There is a shared swimming pool (12 m x 6 m, open June, July, and August) that is in the center of the borgo and surrounded by a sun deck with sun loungers and umbrellas. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
First Floor: The entrance to this accommodation is on the first floor where there is a combined living and dining room with a couch, TV (local channels only), and a table with chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher.
Ground Floor: A staircase leads down to two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and the second bedroom has two 90 cm single beds (which can be connected upon prior request). The first bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and tub.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Babysitting: 7 Euros per hour
- Telephone: According to consumption
- The four other houses on this property can be rented at the same time under the name
Il Villaggio Umbro.
Two other houses can be rented individually as well under the names
Il Villaggio Umbro - Vista
Il Villaggio Umbro - Collina.
- Two single beds can be connected to form a queen-sized bed upon prior request.
- There is a basketball hoop available.
- Parking is available.
- There is a restaurant nearby that can offer a group meal for 30 Euros per person.
- The pool is open from the middle of May until the middle of September.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- No security deposit is required. However, the client will be liable for any extra charges incurred during the stay, or accidental damages to the property.
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 40 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: