Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Offering spectacular views from throughout the property, this farmhouse is surrounded by cypress, olive trees, and vineyards which create the perfect setting for a meal outside or a swim in the private pool. The main attractions of the region, like the towers of San Gimignano and the Learning Tower of Pisa, are easily accessible while you and your family or group of friends enjoys the beauty of the Tuscan countryside.
- Location Description
The property is located one kilometer from the small village of Fabbrica, where there are shops, markets, restaurants, and a post office. A great day trip destination is San Gimignano. San Gimignano, which dates back to the 10th century, is one of the most visited towns in Tuscany and is full of life and things to do such as visiting the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archaeology. There are also enotecas for tasting wine, art galleries, shops, and restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. Other good day trip destinations include Pisa and Siena.
Nearby Attractions: Fabbrica (shops, restaurants), San Gimignano (Castle of San Gimignano, shops, restaurants, art galleries, annual festivals, excavations), Poggibonsi (Train Station), Siena, Florence, Pisa.
Siena: 70 km/43.5 mi
Lucca: 65 km/40 mi
Pisa: 55 km/34 mi
Livorno (Beaches): 50 km/31 mi
San Gimignano: 30 km/18.5 mi
Volterra: 25 km/15.5 mi
Fabbrica: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
This restored farmhouse is set in a garden that offers nice views of the surrounding countryside. A covered terrace is furnished with a barbecue and a table and chairs. There is a private swimming pool (10m x 5m) that is surrounded by a sun deck with sun loungers, an umbrella, and a landscaped lawn. The pool is open from the end of May to the beginning of September. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a living room with a couch, chairs, satellite TV, and fireplace, opening to the garden. An adjacent dining area has a table with chairs and the kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, coffee maker, toaster, and dishwasher. The kitchen also opens to the terrace. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms on this floor. The first bedroom has a queen-sized bed (160 cm) and the second bedroom has two single beds (90 cm). This bedroom has interior access to the First Floor (there is also exterior access), so anyone using that bedroom needs to understand the possible lack of privacy. Each of the two bathrooms has a sink, toilet, and shower.
First Floor (accessible from outside or from the Ground Floor twin bedroom): A staircase leads up to two sitting rooms (each with a couch and chairs), four bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The four bedrooms each have two single beds (90 cm) and the two bathrooms each have a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- The First Floor is accessed from outside or from the Ground Floor twin bedroom! Therefore, the twin bedroom may or may not be private, depending upon if it is used for access.
- The caretakers live in a separate house on the property grounds. They are available to answer any questions while maintaining privacy at all times.
- Housekeeping is provided for 9 hours per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
The views and the space.
Lack of bathtubs and variable water pressure.
Nearby Events or Locales:
We could walk into Montelopio with its one shop/bar. That was really just an occasional stop. We drove to see sights and ate and shopped whilst we were out and about.
Tips or Restaurants:
The best restaurant we found was Casa Masi in Montaione, about 45 mins drive away. Food was excellent and imaginative, restaurant was well organised with internal and external seating. (http://www.casamasimontaione.it)
Finding the villa was straightforward.
The view from upstairs windows and patio, as well as the quiet location.
We had difficulties with the directions. There were two sets of keys provided, but we needed more. Not enough hot water for our whole group. Editor's Note: There is one Internet key provided, meaning that just one person can connect to the Internet at a time. The house has a new hot water boiler. July, 2013
Sunday lunch at Le Greppia in Pecioli. Wild flowers along country roads. Scenic vistas everywhere we went...even when we got lost! Volterra and the 6 PM walking tour (in English) that was recommended by Rick Steves.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Fabricca di Pecioli was tiny, but walkable. Pecioli was more interesting, but too far to walk to.
Tips or Restaurants:
Do not count on having Internet access.
Le Greppia in Pecioli was excellent and hospitable - one of the best meals we had!
Not sure a GPS would have worked any better than our very detailed maps, since many roads are not correctly sign posted (i.e., route numbers are missing or incorrect) and there are several ways to get to many places.