Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Guests at this 18th century villa will arrive to see panoramic views of the Lucca hills, carefully landscaped gardens (with walking paths!), and a private swimming pool in a perfectly sunny position. This Tuscany vacation rental is situated within an ancient hamlet that is also home to an olive oil mill and wine cellars, which hold wine that can be enjoyed right on the grounds. When you’re ready to explore, a renowned spa is nearby as is the city of Lucca.
- Location Description
The property is located one kilometer from the small village of Lappato where there are food shops, a post office, and bank. Lucca, which is eleven kilometers away, is worth enjoying simply for its medieval charm, but there are also a number of interesting sights to visit. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable… and a lot less work! Day trips can include Pisa, Viareggio, and Florence, as well as the spas in Montecatini Terme.
Nearby Attractions: Lappato (food shops, post office, bank), Lucca (Duomo di San Martino, the Church of San Michele in Foro, Casa di Puccini, Torre Guinigi), Pisa, Viareggio (beaches), Florence (Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi, shopping)
Florence: 81 km/50 mi
Viareggio (Beaches): 50 km/31 mi
Pisa: 46 km/28.5 mi
Spa: 19 km/12 mi
Lucca: 11 km/7 mi
Lappato: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
This ancient villa is situated in a sunny position on the hills outside of Lucca. It features a terrace with bench seating that looks out to the landscaped garden, which has a table and chairs. A private swimming pool (15m x 7m), open from the beginning of May to the end of October, is surrounded by sun loungers. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a dining room with a table and chairs and access to the garden. The kitchen equipped is with a cook-top, oven, toaster, coffee maker, and dishwasher.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to a living room with couches, a TV (local channels only), and DVD player. A second dining room has a table with chairs and access to the outside. There are four bedrooms and four bathrooms on this floor. The first, second, and third bedrooms each have a queen-sized bed. The fourth bedroom has two single beds. The first and second bathrooms each have a sink, toilet, and tub. The third and fourth bathrooms each have a sink, toilet, and shower.
Second Floor: A staircase leads up to two bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and one bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. There is also an exercise room with equipment and a laundry room with a washing machine.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- Internet USB Key: 25 Euros per week
- Internet is accessed through USB Key. Must be requested in advance.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours per day, 3 days per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- TV - Local Channels Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Internet - Weekly Charge: 25 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time