Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This self-catering accommodation for a family is in the Lucca Hills just fifteen minutes from the walled city of Lucca. What visitors really love about this farmhouse is its covered terrace with views, a perfect place for dining. It is also near a small village. While spending the holidays here, meals can be prepared just for you by a personal chef!
- Location Description
The property is located two kilometers from the small village of Matraia where there are shops and restaurants. Lucca, which is fifteen kilometers away, is worth enjoying simply for its medieval charm, but there are also a number of interesting sights to visit. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable… and a lot less work! Day trips can include Pisa, Viareggio, and Florence.
Florence: 95 km/59 mi
Viareggio (Beaches): 52 km/32 mi
Pisa: 42 km/26 mi
Lucca: 15 km/9 mi
Matraia: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
This farmhouse is situated in the countryside and is surrounded by views of the nearby olive groves and vineyards. There is a terrace that is furnished with a table and chairs and covered by a pergola. Nearby is a built-in barbecue. A private swimming pool (12m x 6m) is surrounded by a grass-landscaped lawn with sun loungers as well as a shaded area with chairs. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: A sitting room in the former cellars has long cushioned benches and access to the garden. There is a dining area with a table and chairs and an open kitchen equipped with a cook-top, oven, toaster, coffee maker, and dishwasher.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to another sitting room with couches. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms on this floor. The first and second bedrooms each have a queen-sized bed and the third bedroom has two single beds. The first bathroom has a sink, toilet, and tub and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- Internet USB Key: Upon request
- Internet is accessed with a USB Key. Must be requested in advance.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Telephone Deposit (Payable Upon Arrival): 250 EUR
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We loved the property. The view was breathtaking. It was convenient to many sites like Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa etc. It was our first "villa experience" and we were very happy. We liked the décor of the old building.
Having pre-arranged to have a local lady come in to cook us a typical Tuscan dinner was a real treat. The view from our villa was something we will not soon forget.
The drive up from Lucca was challenging and the driveway down to the villa is unlike anything we have ever experienced. Those are the only 2 dislikes. We loved everything else.
We went to a winery and olive oil press just down the road. The views were truly outstanding. The few neighbours that we did meet were very pleasant.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The one part of Matraia was as easy walk. There was a small store, pharmacy and restaurant there. Very pretty walk.
Tips or Restaurants:
We should have read the fine print about nothing being open on Sunday so strongly suggest that future renters have some food. Great little place way up the mountain in Matraia North and the local place, The Colonade, was very good as well.
We had a terrible time finding the place as there was a thunder storm going on and the sign was very small. Luckily, for us, we stopped at a house near the village and a fellow who spoke English helped us. GPS was not helping us that night.
Check In Out:
We got there late and although often in telephone contact, we never did meet our contact person as she left the key for us.
We had an amazing stay at Casa Matraia. We were fortunate to have the owner greet us upon arrival and give us some great tips about the area.
The view was incredible of the rolling hills. My children loved swimming and relaxing in the beautiful pool after busy days in Rome and Venice. The restaurants nearby were fabulous!
It is quite a drive from Lucca and the dirt road down into the property is a little intimidating. We got a flat tire the first night driving into the property.
Peace and quiet - to be able to take in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Also, we were close enough to drive to a few of the surrounding areas for day trips.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Matraia is the nearest small town. It was not within walking distance. You could walk to a few restaurants but to get to the market you had to get in the car.
Tips or Restaurants:
The house is fully equipped with everything you could possibly need. The house has a guidebook available with a list of restaurants. We used this and were always pleased. I might suggest learning a bit of Italian to make ordering easier. In this area no one speaks any English, which is in itself wonderful! We were always the only Americans and we truly enjoyed being able to interact with the locals.
Check In Out:
Don't forget to have the right amount of cash for the deposit.