Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This villa in Lombardy is just a short stroll from scenic Lake Como and the small-town charm of the lakeside town of Argegno. Rail, ferry, and even a cable care are all within walking distance, making the villa a convenient base from which to explore the picturesque towns, dramatic mountain vistas, and pristine lakes of Northern Italy and nearby Switzerland. Located on a large estate with a manicured garden and private pool, this villa is ideal for a large group of family and friends.
- Location Description
This property is located overlooking Lake Como, and 800 meters from the picturesque small town of Argegno. Situated on the shore of Lake Como and crossed by the Telo River, Argegno has an abundance of natural beauty and opportunities for outdoor recreation including hiking, horseback riding, golf, and tennis. The town’s narrow walkways offer restaurants, shops, and historic sites. The nearby town of Pigra, which located atop a dramatic plateau, holds panoramic views of the lake and the 16th century Oratory of San Rocco, and is accessible from Argegno via cable car – a trip worth making for the breathtaking 800-meter ascent alone! Argegno is also a convenient base for exploring Lake Como, with both passenger and car ferry service around the lake. Day trips can include Lugano, in Switzerland, and Milan.
Nearby Attractions: Milan (museums, shopping, Milan Cathedral, Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper), Lugano (Lake Lugano, mountains), Como (Como Cathedral, Casa del Fascio), Argegno (shops, restaurants, cafes), Lake Como.
Milan: 70 km/43 mi
Lugano: 35 km/22 mi
Como: 20 km/12 mi
Argegno: 800 m/2625 ft
Lake Como: 800 m/2625 ft
- Exterior Description
Built in 1911, this villa is set on a hillside and overlooks Lake Como. Its ample grounds contain a fenced, manicured garden, and outdoor dining area with a barbeque, table, and chairs. The large private pool is 14 by 6 m. There is a 2 car garage and plenty of parking space.
- Interior Description
Ground floor: The entrance leads to a large drawing room with sofas accommodating up to 15 people in couches and chairs. There is a fireplace as well as a large flat screen TV with Sky. The dining room has a large table with chairs with a grill and fireplace. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, a microwave, oven, toaster, and both Italian and American style coffee makers. The kitchen also has a fireplace and wood-burning pizza oven. On this floor is a double bedroom (handicap accessible) with a king size bed and an en suite bathroom and a private terrace. There is also guest bathroom with a toilet and sink.
First floor: A staircase of about 20 steps leads up to four bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. There are two twin bedded rooms (can convert to queen size beds upon prior request) each with an en suite bathroom and private terrace. There is one double bedroom with a king size bed and an en suite bathroom and a small private terrace. The fourth bedroom has a queen size bed and an en suite bathroom and small private terrace.
Attic floor: A staircase of about 20 steps leads up to the second/attic floor, which has sloping ceilings and one single bedroom with an en suite bathroom.
Basement: There is a wine canteen and storage.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Babysitting: 18 Euros
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Additional Housekeeping: 12 Euros per hour
- There is a road in front of the property that has some local traffic.
- Depending on the time of day, noise may be heard from the property grounds.
- Housekeeping: 4 hours per day included; bed linen changed twice a week; towels changed daily.
- Also Included: Pre-arrival grocery shopping service; food extra and concierge service.
- Air Conditioning: Throughout house (except kitchen, bathroom, and corridors).
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable by cash or bank certified check. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 3000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: