Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Enjoy the spoils of your wine tasting excursion in this villa’s landscaped yard, unwind after climbing through hilltop villages with a dip in the private pool, or a session in the sauna. Set in a tranquil location, this beautiful large villa in Tuscany is a good base for exploring the picturesque medieval villages, the world-renowned wine, and serene landscapes of the region. It’s ideal for a large group or several families.
- Location Description
This villa is well located midway between Florence and Siena, 3 kilometers from Barberino Val d’Elsa, a village with shops, restaurants, a pizzeria, a market, a bank, and a post office. Dating back to the Middle Ages, the village has an ancient church, castle, chapel, and beautiful views of the olive groves and vineyards that make up much of the Chianti Classico wine region. Nearby Certaldo has more extensive shops, and a cable car that takes you up to its hilltop medieval village where there’s a castle, a palace, and the house of the famous author Giovanni Boccaccio. A few minutes away by car, San Gimignano is a great place to go for a day trip. Known for its history stretching back to Etruscan times it’s one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, and it’s easy to see why with its medieval walls, famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and museums. The town also has wine tours galleries, and annual events including a a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights, play medieval games, and have tournaments. From Certaldo or Poggibonsi, you can take a train to Florence or Siena for a day trip.
Pisa (Airport): 85 km/53 mi
Volterra: 47 km/29.5 mi
Siena: 40 km/25 mi
Florence (Airport): 38 km/23.5 mi
San Gimignano: 19 km/12 mi
Certaldo: 8 km/5 mi
Poggibonsi (Train Station): 7 km/4.5 mi
Barberino val D’Elsa: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(10,000 m2/ 107,639 ft2)
This villa is a stately stone building with a terracotta tile roof that can be rented with or without a nearby annex in the same style. Set on a landscaped estate behind an automatic gate, the estate has lush lawns, trees, and roses, and a large private pool (8 x 16 m, open May through September) with a Jazuzzi and an attached circular children’s pool area (8 meters in diameter). Nearby, there is a dressing room with a toilet and a sauna. There’s also table tennis and covered parking for eight cars.
- Interior Description
(550 m2/5,920 ft2)
All of the bedrooms have satellite TV, and all twin-beds can be arranged to form a double bed upon prior request.
Ground Floor: This floor has a large living area with a satellite TV, and is accessible via a furnished terrace.
Two Steps Lower: Two steps below the ground floor, this level has a dining room with a fireplace and access to the outside, a storage room, and a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, ice maker, barbecue, microwave, and two ovens.
Two Steps Lower: Two steps below the ground floor, this level has a bedroom with twin-beds (85-90 cm), outdoor access, and an en suite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet.
First Floor: Up a flight of stairs, this floor has a living room with satellite TV and six bedrooms. The first four bedrooms have queen-size beds (150-170 cm), while two have twin-beds (85-90 cm). All the bedrooms on this level have en suite bathrooms with a sink, toilet, and either shower (3 bedrooms), bathtub (1 bedroom), or Jacuzzi tub (2 bedrooms).
Second Floor: Up a flight of stairs, this floor has a bedroom with a queen-size bed (150-170 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request - no external chefs allowed
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours each day.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Electricity (above 350 kw per week): According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time