Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
These two peaceful villas provide a great place for you and your guests to get away from it all. Enjoy a meal on the terrace prepared with the olive oil that’s made right on the estate while you take in the views of the Tuscan countryside below. Take a dip in the private pool, stroll through the stately, manicured garden, or play a game of chess on the human-size chess board. Comprised of two 16th century residences, these villas offers privacy and comfort for a large family or two, or a large group of friends.
- Location Description
This villa is located in a tranquil location in the hills of Tuscany. A few kilometers away, the small village of San Martino in Freddana has shops, a bank, and a post office. Further down the hill, there’s the walled city of Lucca, the birthplace of composer Puccini, of Madame Butterfly fame. The beaches of the Versilian coast and Florence are also accessible for day trips.
Nearby Attractions: San Martino in Freddana (shops, bank, post office), Lucca, Versilian coast, Pisa
Pisa Airport: 40 km/25 mi
Beaches: 25 km/15.5 mi
Lucca: 15 km/9 mi
San Martino in Freddana: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
Composed of a main house and a nearby farmhouse, both dating back to the 16th century, these houses are set in a quiet location, high in the hills northwest of Lucca, with spectacular views over the surrounding scenery. A very well maintained garden encircles the house and a big oak tree provides a shady area that’s perfect for al fresco meals. There’s a private pool, and the property has its own olive grove, producing fine organic extra virgin olive oil under its own label. There’s also a giant chess board outside. The owners maintain two farmhouses on the same estate for their own use and for the use of the multilingual house manager, located about 80 meters from the villa.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This floor has an entrance hall that leads to a sitting room with a fireplace that opens onto the garden. There’s an additional small sitting room with a fireplace and a TV. There’s a dining room with a table and chairs, and a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and access to a conservatory. There’s a breakfast room with access to an outdoor area for al fresco dining. This floor has two bedrooms, each with twin-beds (85-90 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower, bathtub, and toilet.
First Floor: Up a flight of stairs, this floor has two bedrooms, each with twin-beds (85-90 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower, bathtub, and toilet.
Ground Floor: This floor has a sitting room and a fully equipped kitchen with an attached dining room. There’s a bedroom with a single bed (85-90 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower, bathtub, and toilet.
First Floor: Up a flight of stairs, this floor has two bedrooms. The first is a suite with twin-beds (85-90 cm), a dressing room, a study, and an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower, bathtub, and toilet. The second has twin-beds (85-90 cm), and a bathroom with a sink, shower, bathtub, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- The owners maintain two farmhouses on the same estate for their own use and for the use of the multilingual house manager, located about 80 meters from the villa.
- Housekeeping is provided for 5 hours per day, 5 days per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Four of the bedrooms with single beds (two in the main house, and two in the guest house) can be converted to double beds upon prior request.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time