View all photos
- About The Experience
The Mediterranean island of Sicily is one of Italy’s most beautiful destinations, and in this large villa on the south of the island, over two dozen guests can enjoy all that Sicily has to offer. Surrounded by nature, the villa is a relaxing retreat for a large group, and nearly all rooms have ensuite bathrooms (many have kitchenettes!) for added privacy. There’s a private pool, and a unique, indoor/outdoor common area that can accommodate up to 26 of your family members or large group of friends.
- Location Description
This property is located in the south of Sicily, inside a nature park of over 20 hectares filled with olive, carob and almond trees. 12 kilometers away, the coastal resort of Marina di Ragusa offers beautiful beaches and exceptional nightlife. Be sure to visit the towns on the nearby Val di Noto, a limestone plateau whose cities feature exquisite Sicilian Baroque architecture – eight of the towns have been listed by UNESCO as world heritage sites! Scicli, Ragusa Ibla, Modica, and Noto are all well worth exploring.
Other sites include Syracuse, Castello di Donnafugata, and the lakes of river Cavagrande
Nearby Attractions: Syracuse, Val di Noto (UNESCO-recognized Baroque towns of Scicli, Ragusa Ibla, Modica, and Noto), Marina di Ragusa (beaches), Castello di Donnafugata, Cavagrande del Cassibile.
Syracuse: 100 km/62 mi
Ragusa: 20 km/12 mi
Scicli: 20 km/12 mi
Marina di Ragusa: 12 km/7 mi
- Exterior Description
This ancient residence dates back to the end of the 1600s and has been recently renovated. The villa is comprised of the ancient stone building where the bedrooms are located, and the communal annex, which has large transparent plastic curtains that can be opened to enjoy the summer months. There is a solarium, as well as a large private pool (10 X 12 m) heated by solar energy, which is surrounded by palm trees and oleander plants. On clear days, you can see all the way to the beaches of Marina di Ragusa from the house. The caretaker lives in a separate wing of the house and does not share living areas with the guests, and can prepare breakfasts upon request.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The annex has a large open space (over 200 sq. meters) located between the villa and the swimming pool, organized as a living area with satellite TV, a dining area, and a kitchen area with oven, microwave, freezer and dishwasher. This structure has no walls but can be completely closed if necessary using special plastic sheets. It can also be heated using a large stove where required.
Ground Floor: This floor has eight bedrooms. The first five have queen-size beds (160 cm) and each has a kitchenette and ensuite bathroom with a sink, shower, and toilet. The sixth bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. The seventh bedroom has narrow twin-beds (80 cm, most comfortable for a young person) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. The eighth bedroom has 2 queen-size beds (160 cm) and narrow twin-beds (80 cm, most comfortable for a young person), as well as an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. There’s a laundry facility with a washing machine and dryer.
First Floor: This floor has three bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (160 cm) and access to terrace. The second has a queen-size bed (160 cm). The third is part of a suite composed of a kitchen and dining area equipped with a dishwasher, a bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm), and a small bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. There’s also an additional bathroom with a bathtub, sink, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 150 Euros
- Extra Towel and Linen Change: 200 Euros
- Extra Beds: 100 Euros per week
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- An 80 cm single bed is considered narrow by US standards.
- Air Conditioning: Only in the bedrooms.
- The pool is open from the beginning of April until the end of October.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 7:30 pm and 11:30 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Additional bed (4 available) - Weekly Cost: 100 EUR
- Electricity (above 400 kw per week): According to consumption
- Housekeeping - Weekly Fee (Mandatory): 150 EUR
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 9:30 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Excellent. A lovely property in a tranquil setting.
Great shared space and pool area.
Poor kitchen facilities for a large group.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Marina di Ragusa. No, it is 12 km away.
Tips or Restaurants:
Keep in mind that it is isolated with no other facilities within walking distance.
Excellent, we found the villa most comfortable. We loved coming back there every day.
The isolation of the property.
No neighbours and restaurants nearby.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Marina di Ragusa; not within walking distance.