Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Imagine playing a tennis match under the Tuscan sun and cooling off afterwards with a dip in your private pool. At this restored farmhouse in the countryside outside of Lucca, you and your guests can do just that! You can walk to a nearby village for a meal, or journey the 12 kilometers to the charming, walled city of Lucca. This is a fabulous choice for a large family or a group of friends.
- Location Description
The villa is located in Tuscany, just 1 km from the village of Segromigno in Monte where there is a market, pizzeria, shop, and post office. Just 12 kilometers away is Lucca, which is worth enjoying for its medieval charm and interesting sights. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable… and a lot less work! Plus there are plenty of shops and restaurants for your enjoyment. Other great day trip destinations include Pisa and Florence.
Florence: 60 km/37 mi
Pisa (Airport): 35 km/22 mi
Lucca: 12 km/7 mi
Restaurants: 2 km/1 mi
Segromigno in Monte: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
This farmhouse dates back to the 17th century, which served as a farm manager’s house and the cellars and stable for a large estate. It sits on the top of a hill, with views of the valley below and has a private pool 150 meters from the house that has a nearby pool house with a kitchenette and a bathroom. There’s a shared tennis court on the estate, and an outdoor dining area for al fresco meals.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This floor has a large living room with a fireplace. There’s a TV room with satellite TV, and a small sitting room with a fireplace. There’s a fully equipped, dine-in kitchen with an oven and coffee machine, and a dining room with table and chairs.
First Floor: This floor has six bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (160-170 cm). The second has a queen-size bed (160-170 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet. The third, fourth, and fifth, have twin-beds (85-90 cm). The sixth has twin-beds (85-90 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, sink, and toilet. There are two additional bathrooms; the first has a shower, sink, and toilet while the second has a bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet. There’s also a laundry room on this floor.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- Internet is available at the Reception Area, but not at the villa.
- Housekeeping is provided for 2 hours per day, 3 days per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Tennis Court - Shared
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 3 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
The walk to the pool and the scent of jasmine coming into all bedrooms. The style of furnishing....baby proof and elegant.
German World Cup TV available.
Really nice people at reception.
The road up to it is a bit bumpy! Not a serious problem unless you have a Ferrari or a low slung undercarriage.
Vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert at a dinner we booked to celebrate a birthday there on the last night--not "the local cuisine" experience expected and not worth the money overall. The pre-booked cake was entirely forgotten and was sent out for as we waited.
Lovely villas all around.
The Italian Post Office experience is not to be missed!
Tips or Restaurants:
A sense of humour.
Space and comfort. Lovely private pool and free tennis court.
Very bumpy road up to the villa. Inside dining areas a bit dull and uninteresting.
The nearby villas and friendly locals.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Segromigno in Monte is not within walking distance.
Check In Out:
Location was great. We were able to take all our day trips from the location of our villa. Outdoor pool area had a beautiful view. Villa did not have great views. There was an office on sight that was very helpful in securing restaurant reservations, giving is driving directions, or recommendations for our travels.
The view from the pool was breathtaking and the office on the property was very helpful. Location was also good for what we wanted to do while in Italy.
Haven't been to many villas but seemed a bit run down, but clean nonetheless. Didn't like that the living areas were downstairs and were not very appealing.
Scenery was beautiful. Easy to get to major highway.