View all photos
- About The Experience
Great for a family vacation, this villa features a large garden with a private swimming pool and grass-landscaped lawn perfect for picnics in the sun! You won’t need to travel far for those nice views as you can easily see the surrounding hills, olive groves, and vineyards from this self-catering accommodation. Plus, the majestic city of Lucca is just 20 minutes away!
- Location Description
The property is located 0.8 kilometers from a restaurant and two kilometers from the village of Gragnano, which has a few food shops, a post office, restaurants, and a bar. Four kilometers away is the town of Montecarlo where there are shops, restaurants, and markets. The main sites here are the churches of Sant Andrea and S. Anna. Fifteen kilometers away is Lucca, which is worth enjoying simply for its medieval charm, but there are also a number of interesting sights to visit. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable… and a lot less work! Plus there are plenty of shops and restaurants for your enjoyment. Other great day trip destinations include Pisa, Florence, and Pietrasanta.
Nearby Attractions: Lucca (shops, restaurants, museums, churches, 130-foot tower), Pisa, Florence, Forte dei Marni, Pietrasanta.
Florence: 55 km/34 mi
Pietrasanta: 54 km/33.5 mi
Pisa: 40 km/25 mi
Lucca: 15 km/9 mi
Montecarlo: 4 km/2.5 mi
Gragnano (food shops): 2 km/1 mi
San Martino in Colle: 0.8 km/.4 mi
- Exterior Description
This ancient property was an ancient barn that has been meticulously transformed into a 2 story villa. It is situated in the hills east of Lucca and offers great views of the surrounding olive groves and vineyards. There is a terrace with a barbecue, wood burning oven, and table and chairs for al fresco meals. There is also a private swimming pool (6m x 12m) which is open from the beginning of May to the end of September and is surrounded by a grass-landscaped lawn with sun loungers. The property includes a private garden with great views. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
(260 m2/2,798 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is a living room with a fireplace, couches, and access to the outdoor terrace. The adjacent dining room has a table with chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, American coffee maker, and dishwasher. There is a guest bathroom with a toilet and a laundry room with a washing machine.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to four bedrooms. The first bedroom has a queen-size bed (165 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and Jacuzzi tub. The second bedroom has a queen-size bed (165 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. The third bedroom has twin standard double beds (140 cm). These beds are comfy for one and cozy for two.The fourth bedroom has two single beds (can be converted to queen bed upon request). There is a third bathroom with a sink, toilet, and Jacuzzi tub.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 45 Euros per person
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 10 Euros per person
- All of the rooms in the villa are air conditioned with the exception of the kitchen.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- High Chair
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- All Utilities: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 150 EUR
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time