View all photos
- About The Experience
Ideal for a family or friends, this apartment is one of four for rent within a carefully renovated Tuscan farmhouse. Each apartment has its own outdoor area while they share a beautiful pool with Casa Gilda, a farmhouse right next door. There is ample outdoor seating. Located in the heart of Tuscany, day trips to Certaldo, San Gimignano, Siena, Florence and more are easily accomplished using either the train in Certaldo (Florence and Siena) or a car.
- Location Description
Strategically positioned between Florence and Siena, in the heart of Tuscany, this estate is just two kilometers from Fiano, a village with shops, and six kilometers from Certaldo. Certaldo has all the necessities combined with small-town charm. Pick up groceries or eat out in the modern section and spend the rest of your day exploring Certaldo Alta, the old medieval village. In July, you may find yourself in the midst of a lively Renaissance festival, complete with street artists, actors, musicians, and more.
Siena: 30 km/19 mi
Florence: 25 km/15.5 mi
San Gimignano: 20 km/12 mi
Montaione: 20 km/12 mi
Castelfiorentino: 15 km/9 mi
Certaldo (Train Station): 7 km/4 mi
Fiano: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
(650 m2) Surrounded by fields of sunflowers and rows of cypresses, this farmhouse, renovated into four apartments within a large estate, is ideal for long, leisurely walks. An orchard is to one side of the property and guests are invited to purchase products made on site. A beautiful swimming pool (6 m x 14 m, Open May – October) is shared between the 4 apartments and Casa Gilda, another farmhouse next door. It is accessed by a lovely path through the property. There are several outdoor areas for al fresco dining or enjoying the sunset every evening. The driveway leading to the property is windy, uphill, and unpaved.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The living room, with Satellite TV and a radio, has a kitchenette equipped with a range, small oven, fridge, electric tea kettle, and American coffee maker. There is an exit to the outdoor area (facing south), located just in front of the apartment. One double bedroom has en suite bathroom with shower and a hair dryer. The apartment is equipped with air conditioning throughout.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 50 Euros per person
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour
- Massages: Upon request
- Pool Towels: 10 Euros per person
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival.
- If traveling with a baby cot, the owner suggests renting
as the rooms are more spacious than
- The driveway to the house is windy, hilly, and unpaved.
- A housekeeper and gardener take care of the swimming pool and garden daily.
- Linens and towels are changed on Wednesday and Saturday.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 15 EUR
- Air Conditioning - Weekly Charge: 70 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 70 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
One of our favourite areas on our month-long trip in Italy. After staying in Florence this was such a pleasant, quiet week with gorgeous scenery, pool and friendly staff.
The gorgeous scenery.
The gorgeous scenery, restaurants, wine tasting, visiting the cheese factory, quaint villages.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Fiona. Yes although we had rented a car for the week and explored the numerous surrounding villages.
Tips or Restaurants:
If you wish to visit local wineries, etc arrange them ahead of time including visiting the local cheese factories. We did have one of the best wine tasting experiences at the owner's own winery. Having a car in this area is highly recommended as there is so much to see in the surrounding countryside.
Check In Out:
Check in and Check out was very good.
Loved the property and view. It was great to have this experience in a villa for two people.
Landscaping of the property was beautiful. Loved the proximity to other hill towns like San Gimignano and Siena.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Fiano. No, it was not within walking distance.
Used iPhone to navigate to property.