Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Villa Garda, a modern and luxurious villa, is part of an historic hillside estate overlooking Lake Garda with olive and fruit trees. A beautiful glass conservatory houses the living area and overlooks the garden, pool and the lake. There is also a Jacuzzi and table and chairs for al fresco dining. The villa is close to Toscolano Maderno and the lakefront towns of Salo and Gardone Riviera. Other towns can be reached by ferry from Toscolano Maderno.
- Location Description
This historic estate is located just three kilometers from the center of Toscolano Maderno, located on the western side of Lake Garda. With its clear water, mild climate and Mediterranean vegetation, Lake Garda sits like a small sea set halfway between Venice and Milan. Garda has been a favored spot since Roman times and has been lauded by poets and writers through the ages, including Goethe, Joyce, and D'Annunzio. There are many interesting little towns situated along the coast or up the hills, like Salo, Gardone Riviera, and Sirmione, rich with history, culture, good restaurants, and shops. In Toscolano Maderno, there are bars, Tabacchi shops, and Trattoria San Carlo, which serves wonderful food. A larger shopping center with pharmacy, groceries, post office and bank is also close by, while the nearest train station is in Desenzano del Garda. Accessing sights on the opposite side of the lake is made easy by a half-hour ferry connection from Toscolano Maderno to Torri del Benaco, running every 30 minutes.
Nearby Attractions: Sights to see in Toscolano Maderno include the 12th century church of S. Andrea and its Parish (with work by Paolo Veneziano and Paolo Veronese), the Valle delle Cartiere (where the paper-making industry once flourished), the 16th century church of Santi Pietro e Paolo, and the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Benaco. There are also opportunities for many activities around the lake including windsurfing, sailing, golf, rock-climbing, and even bungee jumping!
Milano: 140 km/87 mi
Bergamo: 95 km/59 mi
Verona: 90 km/56 mi
Desenzano or Brescia (Railways): 30 km/19 mi
Salo: 9 km/5.5 mi
Gardone Riviera: 6 km/4 mi
Toscolano Maderno: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
This estate, with stunning lake views, is about 300 meters above sea level. Located on the western shore of Lake Garda, it was designed in the twenties by the architect Giancarlo Maroni, well known as the designer of the Vittoriale degli Italiani, the residence of the poet and writer Gabriele D'Annunzio. Situated within an olive grove, this villa shares the access road, gate and olive grove with a second independent villa on the estate but has its own private garden area. The villa has a private swimming pool (10 m x 6 m, open year round), a whirlpool, tables, chairs, umbrellas and a barbecue. The swimming pool can be heated for an extra cost. There is a partially covered parking area.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a spacious living room with fireplace, dining room, kitchen and small guest bathroom with a toilet. These are located within an elegant iron and glass conservatory facing the lake which also has a table for dining. There is a central bar with marble top. One of the three master suites is located on the ground floor (opposite side of the living/kitchen area). It has a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower and bath tub.
Lower Level: 16 steps down is a wellness area overlooking the garden and lake. There is a large whirlpool tub, a Finnish sauna, a large shower and a relaxation area with comfortable beds.
First Floor: Two additional master bedroom suites are located on this floor. The first suite has a king size bed (180 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a shower and bathtub. The second suite has a large queen size bed (170 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Continental Breakfast Package (7 days): Upon request
- 3-Course Lunch or Dinner: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 20 Euros per hour
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Massage Service: Upon request
- Boat Rentals: Upon request
- This villa shares an estate with
which can be rented together to accommodate more people.
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival. The Welcome Basket usually consists of a bottle of the estate’s olive oil, 5 bottles of wine, 6 bottles of water, and a fruit basket.
- Fresh bread and croissants are provided every morning.
- There is no air conditioning in the spa area (lower level) of the villa.
- Housekeeping is provided on Wednesdays. Linens and towels are changed. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- TV - English Channels Available
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 900 EUR
- Arrivals and Departures Outside Posted Times: 50 EUR
- Pool Heating - Weekly Charge (upon request, payable on arrival): 350 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Departure Time: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 3 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Excellent! Breathtaking views and gorgeous property!
The view and amenities.
Very easy to go to different towns using the ferry. Lots of places to eat and hangout around the lake.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Toscolano-Maderno, it was not walking distance.
Very modern, excellent property, meticulously
kept and maintained.
Location, amenities such as
pool and hot tub.
Everything was perfect.
Lake Garda; availability of ferries to visit other towns.
We used GPS and it took us directly there, no problem.
Check In Out:
Very capable key holder
With well organized area information.
Excellent orientation to home and house controls and amenities.
This is a gorgeous property. We had privacy for three couples. We had a wonderful view. The grounds were beautiful and very well kept up. The property was clean and well appointed.
The view and the morning delivery of croissants and rolls, the wonderful wines and water left for us.
Knives needed sharpening.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Tips or Restaurants:
Lido was great. Reservations are needed many places. Bring a GPS. Take note of the signs indicating the width of the road...don't depend on GPS!
A GPS was most helpful!
Check In Out:
It all went very smoothly!