View all photos
- About The Experience
A group of friends or family will find this renovated 18th-century villa and Guest House an ideal base from which to explore the Florentine countryside. Set on 350 hectares (864 acres), the hilltop wine estate overlooks a 900-year-old castle and is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and forests with excellent hiking and biking trails. The grounds have gardens, a swimming pool and an outdoor pizza oven. Guests are invited to enjoy a complimentary tour of the castle and a wine tasting. This farmhouse is close to Casa Rufina on the same estate. Both can be rented together for a large group.
- Location Description
The villa is located two kilometers from the nearest town of Santa Brigida, where there are shops, restaurants, a post office, church, and pharmacy. To the north is Fiesole, which dates back to Etruscan times and houses remains of ancient city walls, Roman baths, a theater and castle. Today it is famous for its part in E.M. Forster’s “A Room With A View.” Of course, the primary attraction of the greater area is the city of Florence, renowned for its art and culture. A train station is located six kilometers from the property, but a rental car is highly recommended. Free parking is available on property.
Pisa: 120 km/74.5 mi
Pisa or Bologna Airport: 110 km/68 mi
Siena: 90 km/56 mi
San Gimignano: 80 km/50 mi
Arezzo: 70 km/43 mi
Florence Airport: 27 km/17 mi
Florence: 20 km/15.5 mi
Florence Train Station: 19 km/12 mi
Pontessieve: 15 km/9 mi
Molino del Piano: 3 km/2 mi
Santa Brigida: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
A quiet, paved road leads to the villa, which is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and woods. The private outdoor area has a garden and swimming pool (5 mt x 10 mt, 150 cm deep, open May to September) flanked by lounge chairs and sunbeds. There is also a table and chairs in a covered loggia, a barbecue and an outdoor pizza oven.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This floor has a kitchen with an oven, toaster, dishwasher and Italian coffee maker, plus a dining room with a table and chairs for 8 (additional chairs can be brought in from outside). There is one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an en suite bathroom with a shower. There is also another bathroom with a shower.
First Floor: There is a living room with two sofa beds (each for one person) and a flat-screen TV. There are also three bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (160 cm), single bed, and an en suite bathroom with a shower. The other two bedrooms each have two twin beds (90 cm each) that can be joined together upon prior request to form a king-size bed. Both have en suite bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a bathtub with handheld shower head.
Guest House: There is a living room with a TV, a single sofa bed, a kitchen with an oven, toaster, Italian coffee maker, and a dining table that seats 6. There is one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and one bathroom with shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 20 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 15 Euros per person
- Portable Baby Crib: Upon request
- High Chair: Upon request
- Babysitting: 20 Euros per hour
- Pool Towels: 5 Euros per towel
- Chauffeur/Driver: Upon request
- This property is on the same estate as
and can be rented together to accommodate more people.
- Window screens on the bedroom windows only.
- The second bedroom in the guest house has bunk beds, appropriate for young people.
- Guests must provide their own charcoal for barbecue.
- During high season arrivals must be on Saturday.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating - Weekly Charge: 195 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Internet Access - Weekly Charge: 20 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 195 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: