View all photos
- About The Experience
Experience the holiday of your dreams in this charming villa, which overlooks the sea and the beautiful majolica-tiled dome of the church Santa Maria Assunta. The roomy terrace has plenty of lounge chairs for relaxing and accommodations for al fresco dining. A pathway from the villa takes you right to a pedestrian walkway into town. Situated in the center of Positano, guests can enjoy proximity to all the restaurants, shops, and beaches the town has to offer.
- Location Description
“Positano bites deep” John Steinbeck wrote, referring to the dream-like quality the town possesses. The charming pastel residences sit along narrow, winding roads on steep hillsides overlooking the Mediterranean. From the villa you are just a 10 minute walk from the center of town and 15 from the nearest beach. The beach Spiaggia Grande has been described as one of the most beautiful beaches along the coast but, for more peace and privacy, seek out Fornillo beach; accessed along a coastal path via Spiaggia Grande. If time permits, hire one of the town’s “sea taxis”; small boats which transport visitors to secluded bays only accessible by boat. Wander in to the many colorful boutiques or quaint cafés. Be sure to try some of the town’s very popular Limoncello!
Please Note: While the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and charming, it is also steep, with many uphill and downhill stairs and walkways. In general, it is an area that is not kind to those of us with knee or mobility issues. This should be considered before booking a property in this area.
Nearby Attractions: Bus stops in town can take you up and down to other beautiful towns along the coast, including Amalfi. Amalfi is a town that dates back to the 6th century and was once an important trading center with historical and medieval architecture throughout the town. The main sites include the Duomo, in Amalfi's center, the cathedral of Sant' Andrea, which dates back to the 11th century, and the Cloister of Paradise. There is also a museum dedicated to the works of Morelli and a museum where you can view artifacts of Amalfi's long and interesting history. During the summer months, there are daily ferries leaving from Positano to Capri, Sorrento, and Naples.
Naples: 60 km/37 mi
Sorrento: 18 km/11 mi
Amalfi: 17 km/10.5 mi
Bus Stop: 300 m/984 ft
Positano (Center): Within walking distance
Spaggia Grande Beach: Within walking distance – 15 min.
- Exterior Description
The villa is nestled in the hillside and is classically Mediterranean in style with its white façade, bright, tiled interiors, and vaulted ceilings. You’ll find beautiful trees, flowers, and plants along the exterior.
- Interior Description
Within the villa you’ll find an array of richly patterned, colorful tiles, lots of windows and natural light, and all the comforts of home.
Ground Floor: Through the entryway you find a roomy, fully equipped kitchen to the left. This leads to the dining room with accommodations for 10 and access to a terrace. Through the dining room you’ll find 2 living room/sitting areas with fireplace. There is a TV room with library and a mini-bar and access to the panoramic terrace. There is lots of natural light throughout the villa. Also on this floor you will find a simple, single bedroom with a 140cm bed and en-suite bathroom with shower—appropriate for staff.
First Floor: (15 Steps) There are 4 bedrooms located down a long hallway. The first double bedroom has a 160 queen-sized bed (upon request beds can be made up as two narrow 80 cm twins), fireplace, and en-suite bathroom with toilet and shower, this bedroom also has a panoramic terrace. There are an additional 8 steps that lead to a second double bedroom with two narrow 80cm twin beds (upon request can be made up as a 160 cm queen-sized bed), and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The master bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and a living area with a stunning view of the church Santa Maria Assunta and an en-suite bathroom with tub. The fourth bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed (upon request beds can be made up as two narrow 80 cm twins) also has an en-suite bathroom and shares the terrace with the master bedroom. These four rooms all have Flat Screen TVs and sea views.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Porter Service: Upon request
- Air conditioning is only available in the four bedrooms on the first floor.
- With the exception of the master bedroom, the other three rooms on the first floor can be arranged as 160 cm queen-sized beds or two 80 cm twin beds, upon request.
- 80 cm twin beds are considered narrow for adults by many.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- CD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Local Calls Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 25 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: