View all photos
- About The Experience
Ideal for a family, this charming farmhouse is one of 5 properties (a large villa and 4 apartments) for rent on a beautiful Tuscan estate. The farmhouse is next to another farmhouse with 4 units for rent, but has its own private outdoor area for dining and relaxation. Casa Gilda and the 4 apartments share a beautiful pool,. The house is well located for day trips to San Gimignano, Volterra, Siena, and Florence.
- Location Description
Strategically positioned between Florence and Siena, in the heart of Tuscany, this estate is six kilometers from medieval Certaldo. Certaldo is Etruscan and Roman in origin. The town has all the necessities combined with small-town charm. Pick up groceries or eat out in the modern section and spend the rest of your day exploring Certaldo Alta, the old medieval village just above the modern town. In July, you may find yourself in the midst of a lively Renaissance festival, complete with street artists, actors, musicians, and more.
San Gimignano—one of the most visited towns in Tuscany—is known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times. It is full of life and things to do. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archaeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights, play medieval games, and have tournaments. The beautiful city of Siena is also close by. You can either drive there and park in one of the many car parks surrounding the city, or take a train from Certaldo. Be sure to allow a full day to explore!
Siena: 30 km/19 mi
Florence: 25 km/15.5 mi
San Gimignano: 20 km/12 mi
Montaione: 20 km/12 mi
Castelfiorentino: 15 km/9 mi
Certaldo (Train Station): 7 km/4 mi
Fiano: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
The farmhouse is located very close (10 m) to another farmhouse with 4 apartments for rent (Certaldo 1, 2, 3, 4). Due to the position of the outdoor areas, privacy is maintained from the other units. The farmhouse, with stone façade, has panoramic views that look out over Tuscan valleys and hillsides and its positioning allows for lovely breezes. It has a private covered terrace with benches for seating and a table for alfresco dining. There is a private path that leads to the shared pool (6 m x 14 m, Open May – October). Surrounding the farmhouses is a large lawn area with trees and flowers. The driveway to the house from the main road is windy, hilly, and unpaved.
- Interior Description
(200 m2/2,152 ft2)
Ground Floor: This farmhouse is full of rustic charm. There are wood beamed ceilings, exposed bricks, arched entryways, and warm inviting colors. Through the main entrance you’ll find a living/dining room with a television, fireplace, and a sitting area with piano, a dining table, and a kitchen area. There is also a bathroom with shower.
First Floor: (10 Steps) Here you’ll find three double bedrooms with 160 cm queen-sized beds (two rooms can be arranged, upon prior request, as 80 cm narrow twin beds, most appropriate for young people), two of the rooms also have en-suite bathrooms with showers. There is an additional small bedroom with two 80 cm narrow twin beds most suitable for young people. There is a third bathroom with shower (not en-suite). All the bedrooms have windows with beautiful views.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 50 Euros per person
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour
- Pool Towels: 10 Euros each
- Bike Rentals: Upon request
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival. The Welcome Basket usually includes milk, coffee, tea, one bottle of wine, jam, water, and juice.
- The farmhouse is close to another farmhouse with 4 apartments for rent,
Certaldo 3, and
- The driveway to the house is windy, hilly, and unpaved.
- A housekeeper and gardener take care of the swimming pool and garden daily.
- The twin beds are 80 cm wide, considered narrow by U.S. standards. They are most appropriate for young people.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Air Conditioning - Weekly Charge: 120 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 120 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: