Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Explore Tuscany from the idyllic location of Villa Senese, a luxury villa which provides the perfect setting for relaxing and reconnecting with a large group of family and friends. Guests can enjoy the sprawling grounds and gardens bounding with flowers and mature trees, including a wooded area with walking paths perfect for evening strolls. Admire the historic charm of the estate’s fountains, statues, lily pond and aviary with citrus trees and exotic plants. Refresh in the swimming pool with stunning panoramic views. Enjoy wine tasting in a scenic vineyard just beyond your doorstep or discover Tuscany’s famous medieval hill towns. You and your guests can indulge in elegance, exclusivity and leisure with beautiful Tuscany as your backdrop.
- Location Description
This stunning villa is located 2 km from the village of Ponte a Bozzone, which has a restaurant and a few shops. The splendid city of Siena is also nearby. This picturesque city is a wonderfully preserved example of the Tuscan Middle Ages, and a treasure trove of gothic palaces, churches, and museums. It's also well known for its exiting bi-annual bareback horse races, the Palio, held once in July and once in August.
Nearby Attractions: For day trips, consider San Gimignano – one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archaeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments.
Pisa: 114 km/71 mi
Florence (Airport): 76 km/47 mi
San Gimignano: 37 km/23 mi
Siena: 9 km/6 mi
Ponte a Bozzone: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
The large estate covers nearly 235 hectares, while the main garden area covers 2.5 hectares. Situated on a wine and olive oil estate the villa was built in the 18th century and was later restored by a Sienese nobleman who preserved the elegant character of the times. The wooded area with Evergreens, oaks, palm and cedar trees includes walking paths with stunning views of the Tuscany countryside. There is a flower garden in addition to fountains, sculptures as well as a cast iron aviary with citrus tress and other plants. There is also a heated greenhouse and a water lily pond. The swimming pool (4.7 m x 18.7 m) is open from May to October depending on the weather. The pool also has a shower and changing room.
- Interior Description
(1,500 m2/16,145 ft2)
Ground Floor: This entrance to the villa is via a reception hall. There is a large dining room and a breakfast room with table and chairs. There’s a billiard room with pool and game tables. The large living room has a TV and DVD player, ornamental fireplace, and garden access. There is an opulent music/ballroom with an antique grand piano, which leads into a seating lounge. There is also a portrait gallery with seating, a guest bathroom, and a staff bathroom/dressing room.
The professionally equipped kitchen is used by the staff to prepare meals for clients. The clients have access to make tea and coffee, to store food items, and to prepare simple cold meals only. There is an obligatory fee (see below) for the cook service.
First Floor: (33 Steps) Access to this floor is via the yellow Siena marble staircase or the elevator/lift in reception; there is also a secondary staircase of 26 steps behind the elevator. There is a comfortable living room, with a balcony that overlooks the entrance to the park. This room is furnished with armchairs, a fireplace, and a bookcase. The corridor surrounding the staircase leads to a total of seven bedrooms. The first two rooms are in a suite with a 185 cm king-sized bed and an attached single bedroom—that can be accessed from the corridor—with a narrow 110 cm bed, most appropriate for a young person. These rooms share an en-suite bathroom with a whirlpool bathtub. The third and fourth bedrooms each have 160 cm queen-sized beds, one has a small living room and both have en-suite bathrooms with bathtubs. The fifth and sixth rooms each have two narrow 80 cm twin sized beds (most appropriate for young people). Each room has an en-suite bathroom; one with a shower, the other with a bathtub. The seventh bedroom has a 150 cm (comfy for one, cozy for two) sized bed, a living room/study, and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. In the corridor there is also a bathroom for disabled guests.
Second Floor: (29 Steps) This floor is accessed via the staircase or the elevator/lift. The hallway leads to a large terrace with a panoramic view of the countryside, and seven bedrooms. The first bedroom has a 150 cm bed (comfy for one, cozy for two), a sitting room/study, and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. The second bedroom has two 80 cm narrow twin beds, most appropriate for young people (can be arranged as a queen bed upon prior request), a bathroom with bathtub, and a spiral staircase leading to an unfurnished loft. The third bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed with an en-suite bathroom with a bathtub; there is also a spiral staircase (15 steps) that leads to an unfurnished loft area. The fourth and fifth bedrooms are each two-level suites. The fourth bedroom has a sitting room and a single bedroom with a 110 cm bed, and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. From the sitting room there 15 steps up to a loft with two narrow 80 cm twin beds, most appropriate for a young person (can be arranged a queen upon prior request), a dressing room, and a bathroom with shower. The fifth bedroom has a sitting room and a single bedroom with a 140 cm French bed and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. From the sitting room there is a spiral staircase with 14 steps up to a loft with a 160 cm queen-sized bed, and a bathroom with a shower. This floor also has a utility room with and laundry area.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Table Service: 100 Euros per day
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Included - 6 hours per day, 6 days per week for 25 guests.
- Cook Service: Cook service is obligatory for 1,000 Euros per week, plus the cost of the food up to 15 people; 1,500 Euros for more than 15 people and up to 24. Dinner menus can be pre-arranged with the chef.
- The kitchen is for the use of the staff for the preparation of meals; clients have access for making tea and coffee, storing food items, and making simple cold meals, not involving the stove.
- The 80cm wide beds and considered narrow by U.S. standards. These are most appropriate for young people.
- The 80cm twin beds on the second floor can be arranged into queen-size beds upon prior request.
Features and Amenities
- Elevator (in Building)
- Independent Villa
- Wheelchair Accessible - Inside Home
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Cook Service (Mandatory) - Weekly Fee plus cost of food: 1000 EUR for up to 15 people; 1500 EUR for more than 15 people
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
The view and the gardens
Although I understood the necessity in trying to protect the antique glass, it was slightly invasive to have someone go in your bedroom each night to close the shutters.
Had held shower was also difficult to use.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Ponte a Bazzone. Yes
Tips or Restaurants:
The pizza place on the left in town was good
Directions were great
We enjoyed a very memorable 9 days at Villa Senese. The property is gorgeous, with an honorable history, fantastic views and accommodations. The owner is very gracious and helpful.
Gorgeous property and views. Wonderful owner and staff. On-site winery.
Catering cost is separate from the property rental.
The property is about 5 km from the heart of Siena (if you do not get lost), and about 40 km from San Gimignano.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Ponte Bozzone is within walking distance. Its two restaurants are fantastic.
Check In Out:
The directions stated check out at 9 am, and we prepared to leave by then... except the staff hadn't arrived yet. Apparently, it was news to them that the check out was then. On the positive side, the owner wanted us to stay for an extra day without charge. The problem was that many of us had planes to catch.