View all photos
- About The Experience
Accessible only by foot, 20 minutes from Capri’s famous Piazzetta, this peaceful villa with stunning views is an idyllic retreat offering breathtaking scenery and privacy. The villa’s history dates back to the 1800’s when it was a countryside house for farmers. Guests can enjoy a swim in the pool—not a common feature on Capri—dine outside and cook for guests in the external kitchen while admiring the view of Mt. Vesuvius is the background.
- Location Description
Capri’s infamous Piazzetta is a small but decidedly trendy locale, where one can linger at elegant cafes, jewelry shops, or historic bars, and experience the glamorous social scene. While enjoying an aperitif or having a late afternoon snack, people watching is the preferred pastime. The most iconic structure in the Piazzaetta is unquestionably the 17th century Torre del Orologio—thought to be the old cathedral bell tower—which boasts a magnificent clock decorated in majolica. From the Piazzetta you can make the 40 minuet trek to Tiberius’ island retreat Villa Jovis (Jupiter). Admire the remnants of this splendid villa and its vantage point on the cliffs; looking out over the islands of Ischia and Procida, the Sorrentine Peninsula and the Bay of Salerno. You can arrive at Capri via ferry or hydrofoil from Sorrento’s port Marina Piccola; 20-30 minuet travel time. Capri is also accessible via Naples from one of the ports; Molo Beverello or Calata di Massa. Either option will bring you to Capri’s Marina Grande—also home to the island’s tourist office. From there you can catch a taxi to the Piazzetta and then walk 20-30 minutes to the villa. It is recommended to hire a porter in advance to transport your luggage to and from the villa.
Nearby Attractions: A taxi ride or bus (from the center of Capri (the town) can get you around the Island and to the commune of Anacapri. Enjoy the languid atmosphere on this part of the island by visiting the charming cafes, restaurants, and bars, or simply wander about, taking in the sea air and historic architecture. Be sure to visit the many Churches of Anacapri, such as San Michele Arcangelo in the historic center. This Baroque place of worship was built between the 17th and 18th centuries and is one of the island’s most important attractions. It has a stunning paved majolica scene by Neapolitan master Leonardo Chiaiese, depicting Adam and Eve’s expulsion from Eden. Be sure to visit the infamous Blue Grotto—a majestic sapphire sea-cave known since ancient Roman times and splendidly illuminated by a large underwater opening, making visits possible throughout most of the year. It is accessible only by small boat tours. Hire a boat to take you around the island, particularly to the Faraglioni di Mezzo—three massive 80-100 meter high stacks created by the erosion of the wind and sea. Approximately 150 meters out to sea these impressive formations have an arched opening, which small boats can pass through.
Naples: 32 km/20 mi
Sorrento: 22.3 km/14 mi
Blue Grotto (from Piazzetta): 4 km/2 mi
Capri (Town): 20 minutes by foot
Villa Jovis (from Piazzetta): 2.1 km/1 mi
Anacapri (Town): 2 km/1 mi
Bus Stop: 1 km/0.62 mi
Faraglioni di Mezzo: 150 m/492 ft (Off the coast)
- Exterior Description
(2500 m2/25,000 ft2)
This villa is accessible only via a walking path, 20 minutes from the Piazzetta, Capri’s main square. This villa dating back to the 1800’s has been restored with all the modern conveniences while being historically sensitive to the architecture Capri is known for. The large plot of land is covered with Mediterranean plant life including agave and olive trees, and offers plenty of outdoor space, alfresco dining, and beautiful views of the Gulf of Naples and the Amalfi Coast. There is a large panoramic terrace with views of Mt. Vesuvius and the Sea. There is a pool (10 m x 6 m), open from May to September depending on the weather, and Jacuzzi, with lounge chairs, and garden. The large patio area is equipped with an external kitchen with a dishwasher, fridge, oven, and barbecue. 10 steps down from the pool terrace there is also a bathroom with separate men and women’s dressing rooms. There is also a sauna 19 steps up from the pool area. Additionally guests will find a rooftop terrace (21 steps up from the main terrace).
- Interior Description
(400 m2/4,306 ft2)
Second Floor:This is the main entrance—through the entryway and reception hall there are staircases leading to the different floors of this three-story villa. The fully equipped kitchen has an oven, microwave, dishwasher, and a small breakfast table for three. The living room and dining area have stunning sea and island views and lead out onto the panoramic terrace. From this terrace you can access the rooftop terrace. The first bedroom is a master bedroom, with a 160 cm queen-sized bed, a balcony, and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. This room also has a sitting area and terrace access. The other two bedrooms on this level have independent entrances and can only be accessed from outside. Each room has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and en-suite bathrooms with showers. There is also a guest bathroom on this floor.
First Floor: (12 Steps) On this level there is a bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. This room also has terrace access where you can dine alfresco under a large olive tree. There is also a laundry room with washing machine.
Ground Floor: (26 Steps) Here you’ll find a living room area with a library, TV, and direct access to the main terrace and swimming pool. There is also a game corner with a foosball table. The final bedroom is accessed through the living area and has a 160 cm queen-sized bed, an en-suite bathroom with a large shower, and terrace access. All of the bedrooms are equipped with TVs, heating, and air conditioning.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Porter Service: Upon Request
- Additional Heating (for the Jacuzzi, if required): According to Consumption
- Daily Continental Breakfast: Included
- Concierge Service: Upon Departure and Arrival
- Housekeeping: 5 hours per day, 7 days per week
- The only way to access the villa is by foot – 20-30 minutes; therefore, the villa is not recommended for those with walking difficulties.
- Since walking is the only way to access the villa from the center of the town of Capri, it is recommended to hire in advance a porter to transport luggage.
- Two bedrooms on the Second Floor can only be accessed from outside.
- Garden and Pool Maintenance: Included
- The Jacuzzi is pre-heated; if additional heating required, it is extra.
- Please note that there are other villas close by.
Features and Amenities
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Pool Heating: According to consumption
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: