View all photos
- About The Experience
This traditional Tuscan villa is close to a small town and is within easy reach of Florence. From the villa, guests can enjoy the panoramic views of Tuscan countryside—surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. The villa offers many peaceful outdoor spots to relax—a covered patio with alfresco dining table, a seating area under a large shady tree, and a large swimming pool to escape the afternoon heat.
- Location Description
The villa is located 3km outside the small town of San Casciano—which has a few shops, restaurants, markets, and a bus that goes into Florence. The city is rich in architectural and artistic masterpieces. Visit the Piazza San Giovanni, also known as the religious heart of the city, and you’ll see the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, built in the 15th century. See the Duomo, the Academy Gallery, The Uffizi, and Palazzo Vecchio firsthand, then go shopping in one of the open-air or flea markets filled with antiques and other goods. For more high-end shopping, be sure to visit Via dei Tornabuoni. A train station in Florence can connect you to other Tuscan cities, such as Siena or Pisa, which also prove to be convenient and enjoyable day trips away from your villa.
Nearby Attractions: San Gimignano – one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments.
Pisa: 75 km/47 mi
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
Volterra: 60 km/37 mi
San Gimignano: 40 km/25 mi
Florence: 16 km/10 mi
San Casciano: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(3,000 m2/32,291 ft2)
The villa is located on a quiet hillside surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. There is a garden area and a large pool (14m x 7m) open the beginning of May through the end of September depending on the weather. The pool deck features chairs, lounges, and umbrellas. There is a shady furnished portico with accommodations for alfresco dining in addition to a small covered patio with table and chairs.
- Interior Description
(300 m2/3,229 ft2)
Ground Floor: Through the entryway there is a fireplace, a living room with fireplace, and a kitchen with oven, dishwasher, and washing machine. The kitchen has access to a furnished terrace for alfresco dining. 1 step down brings you to an additional large living room with dining area and access to outside. There is also a guest bathroom on this floor.
First Floor: (17 steps) At the landing is a small sitting area, which is a passageway to the bedrooms. After a bathroom with shower, there is a small bedroom with two narrow twin-size beds (80 cm; most appropriate for young people; the beds can be joined to form a queen-size bed, upon prior request) and a doorway leading to a bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm). The additional bedrooms on this floor include: a bedroom with queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower; a bedroom with queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with tub; a bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with shower (down 2 steps from the bedroom).
Second Floor: In the tower of the house is the final double bedroom with queen-size bed (160 cm). There is no bathroom on this level.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 12 Euros per hour
- WiFi Connection: 10 Euros per week
- The beds in the twin-bedded room are narrow (80 cm) and most appropriate for young people. However, upon prior request the beds can be joined to form a queen-size (160 cm) bed.
- The window screens and ceiling fans are only available in the bedrooms.
- Mosquito nets and fans are available in all bedrooms.
- Pets are welcome at an additional cost.
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Washing Machine
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 100 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Internet - Weekly Charge: 10 EUR
- Electricity - Weekly Charge: 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time