Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Step back into Europe’s rich past at this historic home in Provence. Dating back to Roman times, this partially caved house is set into the rock beneath the ruins of the Chateaux des Baux-de-Provence, a fortified castle built in the 10th century. Nearby, some of region’s best golf courses and dining await.
- Location Description
The property is a 4-minute drive from the famous restaurant at L'Oustaù de Beaumanière in Les Baux-de-Provence. The Golf des Baux is only 2 minutes away by car. Golf de Pont Royal, the finest course in the region, is just less than an hour away. Maussane-Les-Alpilles, an enchanting village that attracts throngs to its Thursday open-air market, is located at less than 10 minutes from the house by car. The property is conveniently located for business people who need to be within easy reach of international transportation hubs. Marseilles International Airport, with connections to Paris, London and other international destinations, is about 55 minutes away. For high-speed rail service, the TGV train station is at Avignon, about 40 minutes to the north. It is a 30- to 40-minute drive from the Cavaillon or Salon-de-Provence exits of the Autoroute.
Aix-en-Provence: 73 km/45 mi
Marseilles International Airport: 73 km/45 mi
Golf de Nîmes: 50 km/31 mi
Avignon Historic Center: 45-minute drive
Golf de Pont Royal: 42 km/26 km
Avignon TGV Train Station and Airport: 40-minute drive
Saint-Remy-de-Provence: 12 km/7.5 mi
Golf de Servanes at Mouriès: 10 km/6 mi
Maussane-Les-Alpilles: 4 km/2.5 mi
Les Baux-de-Provence: 4-minute drive
Golf des Baux-de-Provence: 2-minute drive
- Exterior Description
This private and peaceful property has panoramic views over olive groves, vineyards and the Golf des Baux, stretching to the Camargue in the east and the Mediterranean Sea in the south. There are two large terraces: one at the main level with an arbor shading an outdoor dining spot for 6, and another by the swimming pool. Stairs lead to the pool (12 m x 6 m, depth 1.20 m to 2.20 m), which is secured by an alarm system. There is a pool house with several sun beds, shower and hammock, as well as a summer kitchen with a sink and grill and a dining area for up to 8.
- Interior Description
There is a floor heating/cooling system which provides warmth in winter and cooling in summer.
Ground Floor: The entrance to the house is on the upper terrace, which leads to the open-plan living area. There is a sitting area with two sofas, satellite TV, DVD player, stereo sound system, WiFi access and an open fireplace. The dining area has a table that seats up to 6, and the kitchen has a gas stove, electric oven, dishwasher and Nespresso machine. There is a master bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm), small sofa, open fireplace, private terrace with a table and two chairs, and an adjacent Roman-style bathroom with a bathtub, sink, daybed and separate toilet.
First Floor: Stairs lead to a study/library with several armchairs, a desk, satellite TV, DVD player, WiFi access, printer and telephone.
Garden Level: Stairs leads down to two additional bedrooms that have direct access to the pool area. The first bedroom has a standard double bed (140 cm) that is comfortable for one and cozy for two. It has an adjacent bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and cupboard that houses laundry facilities (washing machine and dryer). The second bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), large wardrobe and an adjacent bathroom with a bathtub, double sinks and a toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Extra Housekeeping: 22 Euros per hour
- There is an English-speaking "Meet & Greet" upon arrival.
- A Welcome Basket is provided.
- The house features contemporary works of art and furniture by the well-known designers Philippe Starck and Emanuel Hook.
- Although common in France, a 140 cm bed may be considered small for two people by U.S. standards.
- Property is not suitable for children under 12.
- Natural stone keeps the house cool in summer, so there is no need for air conditioning.
- There is a guest house on the property (two double bedrooms, one bathroom) that may be rented upon advance request for an extra cost.
- Housekeeping is provided for 2 hours, 3 days per week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Linens are changed once per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $1,250
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Please check the property description for any additional charges which may not be listed here.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: