Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This traditional Tuscan villa is situated on a large estate of 150 hectares, overlooking valleys and lavender fields. You are just outside the medieval village of Montone, and 7 km from Umbertide. The estate offers countless activities from archery, bowling, and bike riding. You will love the ample outdoor space, panoramic views, peace and privacy, while enjoying traditional Umbrian living!
- Location Description
The villa is just 5 km from the medieval village of Montone, which dates back to the 10th century. Surrounded by well-preserved ancient wall the city has a few shops and a mini mart. 7 km away is Umbertide, which has several shops and supermarkets.
Nearby Attractions: A 35-minute drive brings you to Gubbio, with its narrow cobblestone streets. The town has restaurants, shops, and other amenities. Umbria’s capital city, Perugia, features a rich and long history that is evident when gazing up at the ancient ruins and buildings that include old churches and cathedrals. The Piazza IV Novembre, which is the heart of the city, is where locals and tourists like to gather. Any visit to Perugia should include a stroll along the Corso Vannucci for your evening passeggiata (stroll). Should you be traveling in October, attending the annual Perugia Chocolate Festival is a must. The town transforms into an open-air pastry shop where you can find all things chocolate. From Perugia, there are frequent train connections to Florence, Rome, and Pisa.
Rome Airport: 239 km/148.5 mi
Florence Airport: 142 km/88 mi
Arezzo: 63 km/39 mi
Assisi: 55 km/34 mi
Cortona: 45 km/28 mi
Perugia Airport/Train Station: 42 km/26 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 37 km/23 mi
Gubbio: 35 km/22 mi
Umbertide: 7 km/4 mi
Montone: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
(150 Hectares/370 Acres)
This large gated estate is composed of the owner’s home and two villas available for rent. Privacy from the owners is maintained. The villas can be rented together or individually—exclusively to one group for ultimate privacy.
The villa overlooks 2 hectares of lavender fields that bloom in the summer, and wooded hillsides. There are large lawns, a garden with roses and trees, a small vegetable garden at the guest’s disposal, and orchards. There is a saline swimming pool (12 x 5 m) open the beginning of May through the end of September depending on the weather. There are accommodations for alfresco dining; there is a barbecue, sun beds, and a small, shaded porch near the pool with hammocks, table and chairs, a stereo, and a fridge. There is covered parking for six cars as well as an additional, uncovered parking area.
- Interior Description
(102 m2/1,097 ft2)
Ground Floor: Through the entrance there is a large living room with a fireplace, sofa, armchairs, and a stereo with iPod dock. There is a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, mixer, toaster, American coffee maker, and Italian coffee machine. There is a bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and a private balcony. Adjacent to the bedroom is a bathroom with a tub and a utility room with washing machine.
Loft: (12 Steps) Overlooking the living room is a loft with a 160 cm queen-sized bed.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 20 Euros per hour
- Guided Tours: Upon request
- Guests have access to bicycles, bowling, and archery.
- The owners sell essential oils, produce, wine, oil, honey, jams, and cosmetics.
- There is another farmhouse, Silvia (sleeps 6), that can also be rented along with Nina.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Internet - Wireless
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 400 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 3 weeks prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
This was a perfect place to spend a relaxing week. Close enough to places we wanted to visit, but also lovely to just stay "home" and enjoy the lovely setting! We wanted to just unwind and do a few little day trips - and this was a perfect location for both. The very charming owners live on the property and had stocked the kitchen with basic necessities and enough food for a couple days, as well as some of their wonderful wine, olive oil, and lavender products.
The house, setting, and view! The house is very tastefully decorated with antiques, comfortable furniture, a great bed and linens. The kitchen was also very well stocked. The gardens were lovely and we enjoyed walking around them a bit. The little patio off the bedroom overlooking the valley was our favorite spot for a glass or two of wine each evening.
The resident cats and dogs are very well behaved and quiet. They knew we liked them and greeted us every time we returned "home"; the kitties joined us for "happy hour" on our patio. (The cats are not allowed in the house, BTW).
Also there was no TV! But great WiFi and a CD player with a wide selection of music. Perfect for relaxing.
Nothing!! Just a warning that the last 3 miles to the house are an unpaved road and it is quite bumpy. We didn't mind and took it slow, but tried to get home each evening before it got too dark.
This area of Umbria has gorgeous hills and valleys with lots of tiny ancient towns. Assisi and Perugia is an easy drive away - and we spent 2 days in and around Assisi. We also visited to Cortona (of "Under the Tuscan Sun" fame). Locally we enjoyed Umbertide and Montone.
Actually the landscape was so lovely that we tried to take small, back roads around the area just to go slow and absorb the beauty of the area. (However, if you don't like hilly, curvy road, this would not be for you.)
Nearby Events or Locales:
Montone is the closest small town, and it is not within walking distance unless really like to hike a ways (5 - 6 miles). It is a medieval hill town you can't really drive into the town. Umbertide is a little farther away and has several "supermarkets" with easy parking.
There is a handy notebook in the house that lists places like shops, grocery stores, restaurants, etc.
Tips or Restaurants:
The house was very well stocked. And there was even food there when we arrived! No need to bring a kitchen sponge, dish soap, etc.
Restaurants. We didn't eat out at all! We like to cook and stocked up on wonderful pastas, cold cuts, meats, and fresh veggies. The owners have an organic garden available - so we had their fresh tomatoes with fresh mozzarella we bought. Perfect!
Directions on the GPS address brought us right to the gate! Owners supply a remote control for the gate at check-in.
Check In Out:
Check-in and check-out went very smoothly. The owners are lovely, and we only saw them a couple of times when we were arriving or leaving at the same time. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with them. They both speak excellent English, so no problem there.