View all photos
- About The Experience
This rental consists of two, charming 17th century villas situated on a large estate of 150 hectares, overlooking valleys and lavender fields. You are just outside the medieval village of Montone and have easy access for day trips to several of Tuscany’s other medieval hill towns. You and your family will love the ample outdoor space, panoramic views, peace and privacy, while enjoying traditional Tuscan living!
- Location Description
The villa is just 5 km from the medieval village of Montone, which dates back to the 10th century. Surrounded by well-preserved ancient wall the city has a few shops and a mini mart. 7 km away is Umbertide, which has several shops and supermarkets.
Nearby Attractions: A 35-minute drive brings you to Gubbio, with its narrow cobblestone streets. The town has restaurants, shops, and other amenities. Umbria’s capital city, Perugia, features a rich and long history that is evident when gazing up at the ancient ruins and buildings that include old churches and cathedrals. The Piazza IV Novembre, which is the heart of the city, is where locals and tourists like to gather. Any visit to Perugia should include a stroll along the Corso Vannucci for your evening passeggiata (stroll). Should you be traveling in October, attending the annual Perugia Chocolate Festival is a must. The town transforms into an open-air pastry shop where you can find all things chocolate. From Perugia, there are frequent train connections to Florence, Rome, and Pisa.
Rome Airport: 239 km/148.5 mi
Florence Airport: 142 km/88 mi
Arezzo: 63 km/39 mi
Assisi: 55 km/34 mi
Cortona: 45 km/28 mi
Perugia Airport/Train Station: 42 km/26 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 37 km/23 mi
Gubbio: 35 km/22 mi
Umbertide: 7 km/4 mi
Montone: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
(150 Hectares/370 Acres)
This large gated estate is composed of the owner’s home and two villas available for rent. Privacy from the owners is maintained. The villas can be rented together or individually—exclusively to one group for ultimate privacy.
The villa overlooks 2 hectares of lavender fields that bloom in the summer, and wooded hillsides. There are large lawns, a garden with roses and trees, a small vegetable garden at the guest’s disposal, and orchards. There is a saline swimming pool (12 x 5 m) open the beginning of May through the end of September depending on the weather. There are accommodations for alfresco dining; there is a barbecue, sun beds, and a small, shaded porch near the pool with hammocks, table and chairs, a stereo, and a fridge. There is covered parking for six cars as well as an additional, uncovered parking area.
- Interior Description
The estate dates back to the 17th century and the villas are well maintained featuring the original stonework. They were recently refurbished using traditional materials like terracotta, stone, and exposed wood beams.
(102 m2/1,097 ft2)
Villa Nina (Sleeps 4)
Ground Floor: Through the entrance is a large living room with a fireplace, sofa, armchairs, and a stereo with iPod dock. There is a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, mixer, toaster, American coffee maker, and Italian coffee machine. There is a bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and a private balcony. Adjacent to the bedroom is a bathroom with a tub and a utility room with washing machine.
Alcove: (12 Steps) Overlooking the living room is an alcove with a 160 cm queen-sized bed.
(196 m2/2,109 ft2)
Villa Silvia (Sleeps 6)
Ground Floor: Through the entrance on the left is a spacious living room with a fireplace, sofa, bookshelf, Hi-Fi stereo, and panoramic views of the valley. To the right of the entryway is the fully equipped kitchen with dining table for six, gas stove, dishwasher, toaster, blender, mixer, American coffee maker, and espresso machine. The kitchen also has access to a patio with table and chairs for alfresco dining. There is also a utility room with washing machine.
First Floor: (12 Steps) There are two large bedrooms on this floor, both with 160 cm queen-sized beds. One has an en-suite bathroom with a shower; the other has an adjacent bathroom with a tub.
Second Floor: (10 Steps) On this floor is a cozy mansard bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 20 Euros per room
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Chauffeur/Driver: Upon request
- Guided Tours: Upon request
- Guests have access to bicycles, bowling, and archery.
- The owners sell essential oils, produce, wine, oil, honey, jams, and cosmetics.
- Smoking is not permitted at the villa.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: