View all photos
- About The Experience
Experience the beauty and romance of Venice in style, in this lovely palazzo apartment on the Grand Canal. The apartment’s vantage point offers spectacular views of the palazzi across the way and the boats cruising the waters below. You are only a 10-minute walk from the Rialto Bridge and markets. The apartments’ interiors have maintained historic charm and character, allowing you to live like a Venetian!
- Location Description
Venice is a city brimming with history and romantic ambiance—the stunning architecture and maze of canals will transport you to another time. The apartment is located in a palazzo in the San Polo district—in close proximity to the Rialto Bridge and marketplace. Piazza San Marco is also close at hand. At the center of the Piazza is St. Mark’s Basilica, adorned with rare marbles and semiprecious stones. While in Cannaregio, visit the Ca’d’Oro and its museum, Palazzo Labia, San Geremia Square and San Geremia Church, and the Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth o dei Carmelitani Scalzi. Venice is one of the oldest cities in Europe, with a unique layout and building style. Due to the aging of some of the buildings, as well as the infrastructure of the city, you may experience low water pressure and electricity outages, especially during the summer months.
Nearby Attractions: You are in close proximity to the Scuola Grande di San Rocco (filled with masterpieces by Tintoretto), in addition to many restaurants and shops. Adjacent to the building is a gondola ferry from San Toma, which can take you across the Grand Canal in 5 minutes. From here you arrive at Palazzo Grassi, Campo S. Stefano, the Veneto Institute of Sciences, Literature, and Arts. There is La Fenice Opera House and Calle Larga March 22 where you can find designer shops. Other nearby attractions are; Cannaregio (Fondamenta di Cannaregio, “Trattoria Marisa,” Ca’d’Oro, Palazzo Labia, San Geremia Square, San Geremia Church, Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth o dei Carmelitani Scalzi).
Venice Airport: 5 km/3 mi
Train Station: 20 minutes by foot, 15 minutes by ferry
Rialto Bridge: 10 minutes
- Exterior Description
The apartment is on the 2nd floor of a 16th century palazzo. It can be accessed through a private water entrance along the Grand Canal via a private water taxi, or through the gated garden-courtyard at the rear of the property. The apartment looks out over the Canal.
- Interior Description
(500 m2/5,381 ft2)
2nd Floor (46 Steps): Through the formal reception hall complete with Grand Piano, you’ll find a small study with Internet connection. To this right of the study is the main living room with tall arched windows that open onto a balcony overlooking the Grand Canal. There is an additional sitting area and dining room, each with canal views. Towards the rear of the dining room there is a cozy sitting room with TV and a bathroom with a bathtub. Just beyond this you’ll find the fully equipped kitchen; there is also has a laundry room with washing machine and dryer. The apartment has four double bedrooms. The first has a 180 cm king-sized bed (can be converted into 90 cm twins upon prior request) and a modern en-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower. Adjoining this bedroom is a room with two 90 cm twin beds. The third bedroom has a 180 cm king-sized bed (can be converted into 90 cm twins upon prior request) and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The fourth bedroom has a 180 cm king-sized bed (can be converted into 90 cm twins upon prior request). All the bedrooms have air conditioning.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 20 Euros per hour plus the cost of food
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 15 Euros per hour plus 20 Euros per bed
- Transfer Service: 120 Euros
- The Apartment is on the 2nd floor of a building up 46 steps, there is no elevator.
- Although there are 4 double bedrooms, the maximum number allowed is 6.
- There is an additional 500Euros for a party of 8
Features and Amenities
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 200 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: