View all photos
- About The Experience
Tailor-made for a couple getaway, this secluded Provencal cottage sits in a quiet and peaceful area with sweeping views of the Luberon valley. With abundant nature, a pool, an outdoor kitchen, and close proximity to the lovely village of Gordes, this hillside retreat offers the perfect blend of privacy and convenience.
- Location Description
Nestled in the heart of the Provencal countryside, the villa is only 5 minutes (by car) from Gordes, and the small shops and farmers market in Coustellet. One of the most popular villages in Provence, Gordes has a wonderful castle, arcaded streets, museums and restaurants. St Sebastien, the Romanesque church in the village’s main square, regularly hosts classical concerts. South of Gordes is the Village des Bories, a curious collection of Neolithic stone huts. Don't miss the Abbey of Senanque, a 12th-century monastery where monks still live. Cavaillon, which offers supermarkets, shops, services and access to the A7 motorway, is 15 minutes away. L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, famous for its antiques dealers and farmers market, is about 20 minutes away. Fontaine de Vaucluse, where there is a natural spring, is also 20 minutes away. Avignon, which has a TGV train station, airport and motorway to Spain/Italy, is 30 minutes away.
Marseilles International Airport: 1 hour by car
Avignon: 30 minutes by car
Cavaillon (Supermarkets, Motorway access to Beaches): 15 minutes by car
Gordes: 5 minutes by car
- Exterior Description
(1 hectare/2 acres)
The cottage is perched on the Gordes hillside, where an automatic gate opens onto extensive fenced grounds. There is a covered terrace with a stone table for 4, as well as a large summer kitchen with a barbecue, oven, dishwasher and table for 8. There is a swimming pool (8 m x 2 m - depth 1.3 m) enclosed by walls and surrounded by 6 deck chairs. In the same structure as the summer kitchen, there is also an independent guest bedroom featuring a queen-size bed (160 cm) and ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The open living and dining area has a sofa with a bed (comfortable for 1, cozy for 2), TV and fireplace, as well as a dining table for 6 and a kitchen with a stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher and American coffee maker. There is a bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet, plus and a laundry area with a washing machine.
First Floor: There is one double bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, sink and toilet. There is another bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm). This bedroom can use the downstairs bathroom.
Annex: This structure encompasses the large summer kitchen with BBQ, oven, dishwasher and table. Large sliding doors with curtains provide access to outdoors. On request there is guest bedroom with queen-size bed (160 cm) and ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet available for an additional cost.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- There is an English-speaking "Meet & Greet" upon arrival.
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival.
- Toiletries are provided.
- The owner maintains the outdoor kitchen, garden, and pool every day early in the morning.
- Prices are for 4 people. Please inquire for the additional cost for the guest house bedroom.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- A security deposit authorization form will be included with your rental voucher. Please submit this to the property manager prior to your arrival. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: