View all photos
- About The Experience
The charm of historic Provence is beautifully preserved at this 19th century farmhouse set on two acres of landscaped gardens. This is a place where a family or friends can bask in the peace and quiet of the countryside, take a dip in the pool, prepare a meal in the outdoor pizza oven and dine under the stars. Nearby, Saint-Remy-de-Provence and the villages of the Alpilles are ripe for exploration.
- Location Description
Nestled in the countryside, the villa is in a very peaceful area near other farmhouses. The lovely village of Saint-Remy-de-Provence is less than 2 kilometers from the villa (a 20-minute walk). Saint Remy is filled with narrow streets, sleepy squares, fountains and boulevards shaded by centuries-old plane trees. There are markets, boutiques, art galleries, and plenty of bars and restaurants. Visit the Musée des Alpilles, with its popular and rural art, and Saint Paul’s monastery, one of the most beautiful cloisters in Provence and once home to the artist Vincent Van Gogh. The area offers two golf courses, a tennis club, and horse riding club that is a five-minute drive away. For those who wish to explore the Alpilles area on bikes, the local shop Velo Passion can deliver bike rentals prior to arrival.
Marseille Marignane Airport: 74 km/45 mi
Avignon TGV Train Station: 20 km/12 mi
Saint Remy: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
(1 hectare, 2 acres)
The fenced grounds hold spacious lawns with many trees, night lighting, an ornamental pond and a basin-style heated swimming pool (10 m x 4m) with an electric cover. The pool is surrounded by sun beds, and there is a pool house with a large dining table and a summer kitchen with a pizza oven and barbecue. There are various shaded terraces and alfresco dining areas, including a table for four under a pergola. There is also a small parking area and a garage for bikes.
- Interior Description
All ground-floor rooms have terraces overlooking the garden. The downstairs bedrooms have fans, and the upstairs bedrooms are air conditioned.
Ground Floor: There is a large living room with two sofas and two armchairs, a fireplace, library and a TV room with satellite TV, DVD player and English-language DVDs. The vaulted dining room has a table for 8, and there is another dining area with a table for 6 to 8. The professional kitchen has a stove, oven, American coffee maker and a table for 6. From the kitchen there is access to an annex (20 m2) with exposed beams and garden views that is used as an office. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor of the villa. The first bedroom has a standard double bed (140 cm, comfortable for one, cozy for two), a large Dyson air multiplier (blade-less fan), ensuite bathroom with bathtub, handheld shower, double sinks and a separate toilet. The second bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), large Dyson air multiplier (blade-less fan) and a separate bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet, plus direct access to the garden. There is also a guest bathroom with a toilet as well as a laundry area with a washer and dryer.
First Floor: There are three air-conditioned bedrooms. The first bedroom has a large king-size bed (200 cm), dressing room, ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, handheld shower, shower, double sinks and a separate toilet. The second bedroom is a family suite or children’s room with two single beds (90 cm each) that can be converted to a king-size bed (180 cm), a small room with one single bed (90 cm) and a private bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. The third bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), ensuite bathroom with bathtub and sink, and a separate toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Pre-Stocked Villa: Upon request
- Babysitter: Upon request
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival.
- Guests are met by an English-speaking greeter upon arrival.
- Ground-floor bedrooms have blade-less fans, upstairs bedrooms are air conditioned.
- A standard double bed (140) is considered narrow for two people by American standards.
- Bed linen, bath towels and pool towels are provided.
- Housekeeping is provided for 15 hours per week (3 hours, 5 days per week). Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $3,750
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Please check the property description for any additional charges which may not be listed here.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: