View all photos
- About The Experience
Positioned midway between the sea and the hinterland, overlooking the beautiful Metauro Valley and Furlo Canyon, this restored 17th-century villa is a destination unto itself. The villa was once the summer residence of the archbishops of Urbino and is now a spectacular location for a wedding, special celebration or an unforgettable vacation in the Marche region.
- Location Description
The villa is located in Montemaggiore al Metauro, a medieval hilltop village in the province of Pesaro e Urbino. The village is home to restaurants, the 15th-century church of Santa Maria del Soccorso and picturesque pointed bell towers, and it offers panoramic views of the lower Metauro Valley. Montemaggiore al Metauro is known for its Bianchello del Metauro wine and Valmetauro cheese. It is within driving distance of the beach as well as the coastal playground of La Riviera del Conero, the Grotte di Frasassi, a renowned karst cave system, and the medieval fortress at Gradara.
Bologna Airport: 180 km/112 mi
Riviera del Conero: 86 km/54 mi
Rimini Airport: 60 km/37 mi
Falconara Airport: 60 km/37 mi
Grotte di Frasassi: 54.7 km/34 mi
Gradara: 54.6 km/34 mi
Fano Railway Station: 20 km/12 mi
Coast: 20 km/12 mi
Montemaggiore al Metauro Town Center: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
A gravel road leads to the villa, which is surrounded by grounds planted with trees, shrubs and flowers. There are several terraces with couches, armchairs and dining tables, as well as a private swimming pool (5 x 11 m) and numerous sunbeds, umbrellas, deck chairs and a small dining table. A barbecue is available (stored in utility room). There is a small football field and a playground for children. There is free parking on the premises.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This floor houses a private chapel dedicated to St. Rocco, as well as the main living areas. The living room (60 m2) has two couches and a central fireplace, as well as 4 round dining tables (seat 4 each), and a long dining table (seats up to 6). The dining room (60 m2) has a center table for 14 to 16 and a lounge with two couches, two armchairs, a fireplace and satellite TV. The kitchen (60 m2) is equipped with a stove, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, tea kettle, toaster, electric knife, an indoor-outdoor table and chairs. There is an external laundry room with a washing machine, drying rack, iron and ironing board, and a barbecue. There is also a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet.
First Floor: There is a central living room (50 m2) with two long couches, an armchair, fireplace, vaulted ceilings and access to the 4 bedroom suites. The first bedroom suite (30 m2) has a vaulted ceiling, queen-size bed (160 cm; it is possible to add a single bed) and an ensuite bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub, toilet, sink and bidet. The second bedroom (40 m2) has a queen-size bed (160 cm), an ensuite bathroom, a staircase leading to a loft that has a sitting room with a couch (converts to a 160 cm queen-size bed) and a TV. The third and fourth bedrooms (40 m2) each have a sitting room with a couch (coverts into a to a 160 cm queen-size bed), ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and bidet, doors to the terrace, and a staircase leading to the loft area, where there is a 160 cm queen-size bed. There is also a small kitchen on two levels. On this floor there is also another guest bathroom with a sink and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 160 Euros
- Housekeeping: 20 Euros per hour
- Portable Baby Crib: 10 Euros per day
- Third and Fourth Beds: 30 Euros (each) per day
- In bedrooms 2 – 4, king-size beds (excluding sofa beds) may be replaced with two single beds (90 cm) upon request.
- Each bedroom suite is equipped with a small refrigerator, hairdryer, bed linens and towels.
- For larger parties and events, it is possible to rent additional buildings on the estate to accommodate a total of 45 guests. Prices and availability upon request.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- TV - English Channels Available
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 200 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Outstanding! The staff was helpful with our every request. The villa is spectacular, and the region is an authentic treasure. The whole family enjoyed our stay, from 15 months old boy to 71 year old grandpa!
Beautiful inside and out with room to be together (15 people), or to have separate space. Fully-equipped kitchen and wonderful pool and grounds.
Beds and pillows were a bit firm. The water pressure upstairs was zero one day in the late morning when the property was being irrigated. Otherwise, perfect!
The small villages, espcially. Mondavio. Friendly people in the towns and villages.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The closest village, San Liberio, had a good grocery store with good wine and liquor choices. About 2 km away, but the road is narrow and not good to walk.
Tips or Restaurants:
Mosquito repellant is a good idea.
Directions were perfect.
Check In Out:
No, it was simple and easy.