View all photos
- About The Experience
Bask in the magnificence of Lake Como at this elegant villa overlooking the town of Bellagio. Lauded by Vanity Fair magazine, the villa has been stylishly renovated by the Milanese fashion house of Etro. Set on private woodland, it boasts a pool, spa, gym and full staff to provide guests with an incomparable experience.
- Location Description
The villa is located close to the village center of Griante, which is 400 m away. The lido in Cadenabbia is just 150 meters away and may be reached via a walking path across from the villa. The famous “golden triangle” resort towns of Menaggio, Bellagio and Varenna are within reach by car and passenger ferry service, and the Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club is 6.9 km away. Bellagio is considered by many to be the most beautiful town in Europe. Its narrow, cobbled streets, breathtaking views, impeccable homes and glorious villas make it a most enchanting spot to explore. Como, located at the southernmost tip of the lake which bears its name, is perfect for a day's outing. Sights in Como include the Duomo, the austere church of San Abbondio, the Piazza S. Fedele (with many 400-year-old buildings), and the Basilica, one of the masterpieces of the maestri comacini (Como masters). Before leaving, be sure to take the funicular up to Brunate, a small village with a spectacular view. Airport transfers are provided for villa guests, but a car is recommended.
Milan Malpensa/Linate Airport: 75-minute drive
Milan: 75-minute drive
Lugano Airport: 45-minute drive
Como: 32 km/ 20 mi
Varenna: 5.7 km/ 3.5 mi
Menaggio: 3.5 km/ 2.2 mi
Bellagio: 3.4 km/ 2.1 mi
Griante village center: 400 m
Lido di Cadenabbia: 150 m
- Exterior Description
The lush grounds contain beautiful gardens filled with trees, flowering plants, grassy hills and plenty of quiet places to relax on chairs and sun loungers. There is a sunny terrace to the side of the villa, as well as an outdoor dining area with many tables, which is ideal for dinner parties and special occasions. There is also a barbecue and a gazebo with a table for 4. The infinity swimming pool is surrounded by grass, 4 sun loungers and umbrellas, and a picnic table positioned under a shade tree. A separate building houses the climate-controlled gym and the spa (spa treatments provided upon request), which houses a 36’C Jacuzzi, steam bath and music therapy. A path along the lakefront leads to the villa’s private boat dock (boat trips can be arranged upon request).
- Interior Description
(280 m2/ 3,014 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is an opulent lake-view drawing room with a couch, two loveseats, chairs, ottomans and grand piano, as well as a less formal living room with leather sofas, a fireplace, flat-screen TV with satellite, DVD player and stereo. There are two dining areas: the day room, which accommodates guests for relaxed breakfasts, and the formal dining room, which features a table for 14 and a crystal chandelier. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker and electric kettle. There is a wine cellar, as well as laundry facilities with a washing machine, clothes horse, iron and board.
First Floor: There are 7 bedroom suites. The first five bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. Three of these bathrooms have a bathtub as well. The sixth bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), and the seventh bedroom has two single beds (90 cm each). These two bedrooms share a bathroom with a shower, bathtub, sink and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen: 20 Euros per week
- Private Boat Tours: Upon request
- High Chair: 15 Euros per week
- Spa Treatments: Upon request
- Wi-Fi or USB internet stick: 35 Euros per week, includes 10 Euros of consumable credit
- Wines from villa wine cellar: Upon request, charged according to consumption
- Food and Beverages: Extra cost
- Fuel for Private Boat: According to consumption
- Housekeeping: A full housekeeping team comprising a butler, maid, chef and chauffeur is included.
- Chef Service: Chef service is included for lunch and dinner meals, cost of food and beverage is extra.
- Private Boat Trips: Boat trips departing from the villa’s lakeside dock are included for 7 guests (with trained boat operator) and can be arranged upon request. Boat fuel is charged according to consumption.
- A Wi-Fi or USB stick is available for an extra cost. However, internet signal and connectivity are not guaranteed and may depend on the strength of the signal in the property.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- TV - English Channels Available
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service - Included
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- One month prior to arrival, the security deposit must be sent to the owner by bank transfer. This will be returned to you within one month of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: 4000 EUR
- Fuel Costs for the Private Boat: According to consumption 250 EUR
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: