View all photos
- Location Description
The villa is located in Trappitello, a lower area of Taormina characterized by small hills positioned in front of the Alcantara Valley. The villa is in a quiet spot surrounded by lemon trees and neighboring villas, less than 200 meters away from the village center, where there are restaurants, shops, a post office and bus stop with service to Taormina. There is a dedicated footpath to Taormina that begins in front of the railway station, which is 5 kilometers from the villa. The residential streets in the area are all paved and easily accessible, and the autostrada (Uscita Giardini A 19) is 1.5 kilometers away. Taormina (7 km away) is home to shops, restaurants, cafes and a well-preserved ancient Greek theatre – the second largest in Sicily – which is perched on a rocky cliff overlooking the sea and Mount Etna. Taormina’s most beautiful beaches are located 2 kilometers from the property. Also a few kilometers away is the scenic Alcantara Valley, with its famous gorge, as well as long stretch of vineyards and fields. Etna Rosso wine-producing towns such as Linguaglossa and Piedimonte Etneo are about 20 minutes away by car, and volcanic Mount Enta is 45 minutes by car (year-round guided tours are available). From December to March, visitors can ski just few meters from Etna’s main crater.
Agrigento: 220 km/ 136.7 mi
Siracusa: 50 km/ 31 mi
Messina: 50 km/ 31 mi
Catania: 42 km/ 26 mi
Etna: 30 km/ 18.6 mi
Alcantara gorge: 10 km/ 6.2 mi
Taormina: 7 km/ 4.3 mi
Beaches: 2 km/ 1.2 mi
Trapitello (village center): 200 m
- Exterior Description
(3,000 m2/ 32,291 ft2)
The gated and fenced property is spread out over three tiers and is home to expansive private gardens filled with regional plants, including olive, orange and lemon trees and plenty of grass. There is a swimming pool (6 x 12 m, open year-round) offering views of the volcano Etna and the Alcantara Valley. The pool area is paved and furnished with sunbeds, tables, a gazebo (3 x 3 m) and a large umbrella. Close to the pool there is the dressing room, an external shower with hot water and a large dining table for 6. Just outside the kitchen there is a covered terrace with a large table that seats up to 10 as well as a barbecue made with pietra lavica, the typical stone from Mount Etna. There is second terrace in front of the living area that is furnished with sofas and tables. There is also a grassy children’s play area with a handmade tree house and tree swing.
Parking is available for two cars.
- Interior Description
Because the property is tiered, there are two entrances to the villa, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
Ground Floor (120 m2/ 1,291 ft2): The main entryway leads to a long living room with two sitting areas, one with a sofa and armchair and another with a sectional sofa, armchair, 40-inch flat-screen TV, DVD player, CD player, fireplace and a wall of windows with doors to the terrace. An archway leads to the dining room, where there is a table for 10 and a sofa. The kitchen has a five-burner stove, oven, microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher, and an American coffee maker. There is a large bathroom with a bathtub, shower, sink, toilet and bidet. There is a closed room and closed that is not available for rent. Approximately 20 steps lead to the first floor.
First Floor (70 m2/ 753 ft2): There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a small living room. The first two bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm) and a wardrobe. The third bedroom has two single beds (100 cm each, can be joined together to form a king-size bed) and a wardrobe. The two separate bathrooms each have a shower, sink, toilet and bidet. The small living room is furnished with a sofa and desk and has doors to a terrace that leads to the garden.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Babysitter: Upon request in advance
- Chauffer/driver: Upon request in advance
- Cook service: Upon request in advance
- Housekeeping: Upon request in advance
- Grocery shopping: Upon request in advance
- All bedrooms are equipped with air conditioning and/or fans. There is a portable air conditioning unit in the main living room on the ground floor.
- On the ground floor there is an area with a double bedroom and closet room that is not available for rent.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Air Conditioning - Weekly Charge: 100 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 100 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time