View all photos
- About The Experience
Rich in history and charm, this third-floor apartment along the elegant Via di Città is well-suited to a couple seeking a lovely place to stay in the center of Siena. The 16th-century building is surrounded by the architectural beauties of this medieval city, including the neighboring Duomo and Piazza del Campo.
- Location Description
The apartment is located on Via di Città, a prestigious street in the center of Siena, between Il Duomo and Piazza del Campo. The street is located in a limited-access area which can only be reached to drop off or pick up luggage. The apartment is a few steps from shops, restaurants, cafes, museums and major sites. The world-famous horse race, Il Palio, is held on July 2 and August 16 each year in the central square. Visit the renowned Palazzo Comunale and its famous Torre Del Mangia or explore the art and monuments in the Museo Civico, Il Duomo, Il Battistero and the Museo Archeologico Nazionale Etrusco. You are also within driving distance of the wine producing regions of the Chianti and the historic towns of San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Cortona. By train you can reach Florence, Lucca and Pisa.
Rome: 240 km/ 149 mi
Bologna: 150 km/ 93 mi
Florence: 70 km/ 43 mi
- Exterior Description
The apartment is located in a historic four-story building with a staircase (no elevator), on Via di Città, one of the city’s three main thoroughfares. The street is populated by stately palaces that once made up the center of old Siena. Parking is available at Il Campo, the closest car park, which is a short walk from the apartment. The apartment can be reached from via Mattioli (the entrance road to the car park) and then along via San Pietro, making a right turn into Via di Città. The parking lot is open 24 hours a day and costs 1.60 Euros an hour. Day tickets are available at a cost of 30 Euros per day or 74 Euros for five days.
- Interior Description
(50 m2 / 538 ft2)
Third Floor (no elevator): The apartment opens onto a hallway that leads to the living and dining room, which is furnished with a sofa (converts to a 140 cm bed that is comfortable for 1 and cozy for 2), flat-screen TV with satellite, DVD player, dining table for 4 and windows with views of Via di Città. The kitchen is equipped with an oven, stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, American coffee maker and electric orange squeezer. There is one bathroom, a master with a king-size bed (180+ cm), desk, armchair and ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and bidet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Airport transfers: Upon request in advance
- Babysitting: Upon request in advance
- Dinner reservations: Upon request in advance
- Housekeeping: Upon request in advance
- Massages: Upon request in advance
- Tours (city, wine, culinary): Upon request in advance
- Wine tastings: Upon request in advance
- Guests have access to a selection of outstanding wines from the owner’s private collection located in the building’s centuries-old basement wine cellar. The collection includes rare vintages of Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello di Montalcino, Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico. Wine tastings may be arranged for an extra cost.
- Air Conditioning: The apartment has air conditioning, which can be adjusted by a remote control.
Features and Amenities
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge: 70 EUR
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: