Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This beautiful, restored 1600s villa nestled in the countryside near Cortona is an inviting retreat for a family or group of friends. The villa is part of a large, family-owned agricultural estate and offers private grounds with a pool and gardens. Lake Trasimeno, the Appenines, Siena, Arezzo and Perugia are all within an easy distance for day trips, and the charms of Cortona are a short drive away.
- Location Description
The villa is situated in the Eastern Tuscan countryside close to Camucia and Cortona. The hamlet of Camucia is 3 kilometers away and has supermarkets, banks, gas stations and pharmacies. The medieval city of Cortona—which sits in the center of the triangle formed by Arezzo, Siena, and Perugia, and is also near Lake Trasimeno and the Appenines—is 5 kilometers away. In Cortona there is no end to picturesque streets and amazing historic buildings. Tour frescoed churches from the 13th century; explore the original city walls; see and art exhibit in the 16th century fortress. You can also visit the local museums and libraries, tiptoe around ancient monasteries and tombs dating back to the second century B.C. Dine on the best Tuscan dishes as you look out on an historic palazzo or drive out to one of the villas dotting the countryside. As for shopping, you'll find local handicrafts, antiques, and of course local wines and olive oils that outdo anything you've ever tasted. The nearest train station is Terontola-Cortona. A car is necessary.
Rome Airport: 235 km/ 146 mi
Pisa Airport: 200 km/ 124 mi
Florence Airport: 130 km/ 81 mi
Florence City: 100 km/ 62 mi
Orvieto: 80 km/ 50 mi
Siena: 70 km/ 43 mi
Perugia airport: 60 km/ 37 mi
Assisi: 60 km/ 37 mi
Pienza: 58 km/ 36 mi
Montepulciano: 33 km/ 21 mi
Arezzo: 45 km/ 28 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 10 km/ 6 mi
Cortona: 5 km/ 3 mi
Camucia: 3 km/ 1.9 mi
- Exterior Description
(400 m2/ 4,305 ft2)
The villa is situated on a large estate featuring private grounds with vineyards, olive groves, Mediterranean plants and flowering gardens. A garden area (100 m2) houses the swimming pool (7 m x 14 m) and Jacuzzi. There is an outdoor shower as well as umbrellas, sunbeds, tables and chairs. There is a barbecue and a pergola with a dining table for 10, as well as various other terrace seating areas with tables and chairs. The covered parking area can accommodate up to 6 cars.
- Interior Description
(360 m2/ 3,875 ft2)
Main Villa: Sleeps 12
Ground Floor: There is a living area with a two sofas, four armchairs, desk, fireplace, TV with satellite and DVD player. An archway leads to the kitchen, which features an oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, American coffee maker, Italian stop-top coffee maker (Moka), dining table for up to 6 and access to the dining terrace with a pergola. There are three bedrooms. The first two bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm). There are two separate bathrooms, each with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer. The third bedroom has two twin beds (80 cm each, best suited to young people). There is also a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet. A stone staircase leads to the first floor. Outside of the main villa there is a separate laundry room with a washing machine and iron.
First Floor: There is a living area with a sofa, TV with satellite, DVD player and fireplace. There are three bedrooms, each with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
Cottage: Sleeps 2 - 4
The cottage is 30 meters from the main villa and has a private garden with a dining area and views of Cortona.
Ground Floor: There is a living area with a sofa, TV with satellite and a small fireplace. The kitchen is equipped with a stove and oven. There is one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm). There is also a bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
Loft Level: There are two single beds (80 cm each, best suited to young people).
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Babysitter: Upon request in advance
- Bike Rentals: Upon request in advance
- Chef Service (dinner): Upon request in advance, 50 Euros per person
Midweek housekeeping: Upon request in advance, 300 Euros (includes change of bed linens)
- Spa Services: Upon request in advance
- Tickets: Upon request in advance
- Each room in the main villa and cottage have customizable thermostats (heating and air conditioning).
- Window Screens: The bedroom windows have screens.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property a security deposit will be authorized on a credit card (Visa or Mastercard). This amount will be released at the time of departure from the property. The authorization amount is: 1000 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 15 EUR
- Telephone and Internet (If Available): According to Consumption
- Heating: According to consumption.
- Air conditioning - Weekly Charge: 350 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Departure Time: 9:30 - 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: