Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Marvel at the blue skies, magnificent vistas and abundant greenery at this rural oasis tucked away in the hills between Tuscany and Umbria. Comprised of two restored farmhouses that showcase locally crafted wood and wrought-iron furniture, this warm and welcoming escape offers scenic grounds with a swimming pool and alfresco dining terrace.
- Location Description
The villa is perched on the hills that divide Tuscany and Umbria, about 200 meters from the small village of Preggio, where there are restaurants and a small food shop. Guests who wish to walk to the village may do so along a road shared with cars. Five kilometers away is the hilltop village of Castel Rigone, which overlooks the lake and has about 400 residents, a couple of restaurants and a grocery shop. The larger town of Passignano sul Trasimeno is not much further away, and has a broader selection of shops and restaurants. Magione is 15 kilometers away and has supermarkets, discount shops, petrol stations, pharmacies, banks a post office and a railway station. The surrounding area is an excellent environment for horseback riding, hiking, mountain-biking, and bird watching. Historic Assisi and the art city of Perugia make excellent day trips. The nearest train stations are Terontola-Cortona [for Florence and Rome].or Passignano sul Trasimeno. The nearest Autostrada A1 exit is Valdichiana (49 kilometers away).
Spoleto: 100 km/ 62 mi
Siena: 100 km/ 62 mi
Montefalco: 88 km/ 55 mi
Todi: 75 km/ 47 mi
Arezzo: 75 km/ 47 mi
Pienza: 71 km/ 44 mi
Assisi: 62 km/ 38 mi
Montepulciano: 56 km/ 35 mi
Gubbio: 50 km/ 31 mi
Castiglion del Lago: 38 km/ 24 mi
Corotna: 30 km/ 19 mi
Perugia: 28 km/ 17 mi
Passignano sul Trasimeno: 20 km/ 13 mi
Preggio: 200 meters/ 218 yards
- Exterior Description
(140 m2/ 1,500 ft2)
The private grounds have a large garden area and panoramic views of the surrounding hills. There is a swimming pool (12 m x 5 m x 8 m) with a hydromassage area, sunbeds and large umbrellas as well as a gazebo furnished with a table and benches. There is also a barbecue and a stone terrace featuring a covered dining area with a picnic table.
- Interior Description
Main House: (400 m2/ 4,305 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is a large living area with a terracotta tile floor, two sofas, armchairs, brick fireplace and flat-screen TV, as well as a stone archway that borders a long wooden dining table for up to 14. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, toaster, microwave, American coffee maker, Italian coffee maker and doors to the patio. There is also a laundry room with a washing machine and iron, and a guest bathroom with a toilet.
First Floor: There are five bedrooms, four of which have a king-size bed (180 km) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer. One of the bedrooms also has a loft that has a narrow single bed (80 cm, best suited to a young person). The fifth bedroom has two narrow single beds (80 cm, best suited to young people) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
Second House: (200 m2/ 2,153 ft2)
The house is subdivided into three separate bedroom suites.
Ground Floor: There are two suites, each with one bedroom with a king-size bed (180 cm) and a bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
First Floor: There is a suite with two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 50 Euros per person
- Housekeeping (includes linen change): 150 Euros
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Bike Rentals: Upon request
- Spa Services: Upon request
- Tickets: Upon request
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property a security deposit will be authorized on a credit card (Visa or Mastercard). This amount will be released at the time of departure from the property. The authorization amount is: 500 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 12 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Departure Time: 9:30 - 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: